Bottle and mug sets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Hi all.
I expect this question has been posted before but I can't find any information.
Basically, I need advice on a good bottle and mug set.

While a soldier I loved the 58 bottle with metal mug in the PLCE pouch.
I still have the bottle and mug but the mug has lost the protective plastic thing and is in a very poor condition.
I would like a bottle with nesting metal mug, space for steritabs and small millbank bag. I would like it to come in a MOLLE pouch with flap over top (no zips). I don't want it to be as big as the PLCE pouch (no need for hexi).

I own a Nalgene 32oz as well as the 58 pattern bottle. I love them both to be honest and will probably make both into a set at some point. I think initially that a set based on the 58 pattern would be the best start as it should sit closer to the body given it's shape.

The problem with browsing the internet shops is knowing which pouches will fit the mug and extra bits.

Many thanks,
Nick

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
I have been looking at the maxpedition but I just don't like the use of zips having had them break before. Call me old fashioned! I do own a jumbo versipack which goes almost everywhere with me though. I love it but just don't think it constitutes proper field equipment with all those zips.

The Dutch bottle and mug looks nice and slim. Anyone got any info? I cant seem to find a compatible molle pouch.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Have a look here.
http://flecktarn.co.uk/mainsearch.php?zoom_query=Bottle
They have pouches that will cover the Nalgene and the Dutch bottles.
As said above the Nalgene and GSI mug is a good combo and if you use the 10cm zebra they all fit the Maxped 10x4 pouch. Yes I know it has zips but it works.
844BE0E5-BA30-4423-8640-108C410F98C1-9720-00000E1E0E3F6A79_zps36c28429.jpg

Just in case it's some good to you the Esbit solid fuel cooker also folds up and fits perfectly in the lid of the 10x4 with a pellet tin stove inside.
DSC_0057.jpg

Last edited:

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Thank you Johnnyboy. I am thinking the maxpedition is a little out of the price range for now. Those pouches from Flecktarn.co.uk look spot on for the price. Do you happen to know if they fit the mug too?

I am feeling the pull of Nalgene and GSI mug rather than 58 pattern bottle and crusader mug.

Many thanks

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just measured my Maxp and give or take a few mm it's the same size. The Nalgene should fit with the GSI mug but the 10cm zebra is a little wider so can't say on that one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE