Bored out of my tree, can't use my hands properly, what can I do ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's a real bummer, Toddy!
get well soon.
And while you're at it..... you could send me those hoods patterns, if they're done... :rolleyes:

:eek:
Funny you should say that, because I was speaking to Dougster earlier on and I made hats from fleece and used his youngsters for the trials; it came to mind then that I could put those patterns in with the hoods ones I've sort of got together for you.
Let this settle down and I'll finish it all and package it up :D

atb,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Trouble with that plan is Toddy is the local elderly! ;)

(duck and cover)

That whizzing sound is a skelp flying your way :) :p
My nearly 90 year old Uncle came to visit me this morning, on his new muckle great mobility scooter thing that'll do a 30 mile round trip, so he can get himself into Glasgow and back :rolleyes: 14" wheels so he'll never get stuck again :D
The elderlies round here only sit still long enough to eat dinner :D
He and his pals have the local police heart roasted.
Folks park half on the pavement round at the local call centre, and the scooter brigade can't get by. So they just go on the road.....and the police stop them and tell them off. So the old folks phone the police now when they can't get by, and since, technically, these are disability scooters (aye, right, they cannae see well enough to drive any more so they just buy these things instead) and their owners are then elderly, infirm and in distress (uhuh, they can't get by and are they vexed) the police *have* to attend..........and one of the scooter owners is Granny to a sergeant......so now we have a rash of double yellow lines appearing all over the place.
Moral of tale; don't cheese off the grannies and grandpas on mobscoots :D :rolleyes:
I keep waiting on the police coming to my door to complain about what he's up to now :eek: Can you see the trouble he can get into in town ???
Son1 just thinks it's awesome that he's got at least 70 more years to get up to mischief if his great uncles are anything to go by :11doh:

atb,M

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Moral of tale; don't cheese off the grannies and grandpas on mobscoots :D :rolleyes:

129140055087133969.jpg

:evilangel: :D :rofl:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That sounds both painful and boring Mary!
I hope you are better soon - there is nothing worse than boredom --- except pain!

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hope your feeling better soon and mary your more than welcome to ring me for a natter if you want to and also if you want i could always drive to yours and come and see you tomorrow once i have had some kip cos on nights tonight
or do as many of the other suggestions suggest.

hope you arnt bored for to long and that the pain goes as quick as it came

drew

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
....is it just me ? or does HM the Q come across as a Granny not to be messed with ? even if she does smile lots ?
I saw her when I was a very little girl in the 60's and we had a very pretty Queen :D

Thank you all kindly, your good wishes are much appreciated :D I'll be fine, just frustrated and a bit irritated just now.

BR....I've gathered some of the bulbils from the wild three cornered leek (sounds vaguely Harry Potterish that, doesn't it ? :D) and I've got them in some damp compost. If they show signs of life, I'll post them down.
I need to clear out my own herb drawers, but it'll wait until I don't need help to unscrew the big storejars. Be interested to hear how you get on with the horehound....somewhere I have a recipe for pastilles made using slippery elm and horehound and molasses.
atb
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Can you go for a walk or do some foraging?

Walking's fine :D and I do, but gathering's not so easy. It's mostly leaves just now and that means picking, which doesn't work without pain.
I have a load of fresh birch bark that I wanted to tidy up and sew into wee containers, but it'll just have to wait.

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Horehound is just thinking about it right now. Just been out in the potting shed singling up the sorrel. Wish I had been more sparing with the seed to be honest - still I've ended up with loads - would you like a plant or ten when they grow on?

Thanks muchly for the three cornered! I'll cross my fingers!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Must be that time of year.........I planted two varieties last week and like you I'm wishing I'd been a bit more sparing with the seeds. Thank you, but I suspect I might need to either add the thinnings to salad or find new homes out the burn somewhere for them.

You're very welcome to the leeks, I just hope they come. Loads more still flowering and I'll leave them and see if they set or start to sprout.
Nice munchy, like chive flowers :D

cheers
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahh well - I'll find you something eventually.

Perhaps some Oca in the Winter? It all seems to have come up which I'm told is fortunate. Or some Yacon...that stuff intrigues me....non metabolisable, diabetic friendly, non fattening sugar......

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Mary, have you tried Glucosamine Sulphate? It's great for stuff joints & RA. I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
All joking aside, Mary, but since you are looking at a couple of weeks of limited physical abilities, this might be a time to study something. Maybe some animal/birdbehaviour. I very recently discovered and got into that and I must say it's a lot of eyeopening fun!
Keeps the head busy, while the body recovers.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My sympathies Mary, been there myself with (medication induced) gout and its bad. Has your Doctor given you Indometacin? Its the only thing that worked (and worked quickly) for me.

If you need any books for your reader let me know, I've currently far more than I could read in a lifetime.

Look for something like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blister-P...Medical_ET&hash=item45fc689165#ht_2711wt_1168

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Key-Chain-Pill-Box-Holder-Slide-Top-/190555936975#ht_2080wt_1141

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Sorry to read about the (not your! I never like to imply ownership of an illness) RA, do you take omega 3 oils? As far as I know they are the ONLY "alternative" medicine proven in medical trials to help with RA. The modern diet tends to have a lot of vegetable oil which contains a lot of omega 6 and 9 which stimulate the bodies inflamatary response, but they tend to lack the sorts of food that contain omega 3, oily fish, walnuts etc which do the opposite. they also have a myriad of other beneficial effects on the body and brain.

It's not much, and it may make no difference, but it won't do you any harm, and it got me off the steroids I'd been on for two years!

Have a look online and see if you think it might be worth a go. Oh, you do need to watch out if you're on warfarin as it also thins your blood, infect for safetys sake check with you doc first, but I take 2-3 times the recommended daily allowance as RDA is basically the minimum amount one should consume in a day.

I hope you're better soon

Mat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE