boots what do you use on them ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Ok just spent three days at "camp" with the cubs and scouts yes the mud was ankle deep but we survived. however my leather boots now need some tlc once they have dried out ? so is it good old dubbin or have you got a secret mixture you are prepared to share ;) ;)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Mink Oil.

The mutts nuts, you can get it from Le Prevo. I use it on all my leather and it is superb. As an example, I have a pair of issue assault boots and spent three months this winter stomping through mud in our woods claiming the windfall branches for my fire - they were scuffed, covered in pine needles and resign and coated with 3 or 4mm of mud.

I decided they must be cleaned and re-proofed. So I got an old nail brush and cleaned.

They didn't need re-oiling! Amazing stuff. Honest.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Just straightforward Kiwi wax, then Kiwi liquid wax, then repeat. Boots are 12-15 years old or so and a bit scuffed, but come up as new. Well, with a few scratches.. but the goretex still doesn't leak a drop. I love my Danners.. ;)

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Ok just spent three days at "camp" with the cubs and scouts yes the mud was ankle deep but we survived. however my leather boots now need some tlc once they have dried out ? so is it good old dubbin or have you got a secret mixture you are prepared to share ;) ;)

I use Leder Gris on my Alt Bergs and it works well.
Were you at Walton Firs in Cobham, Surrey by any chance?
Steve :)

M

Mungo

Another vote for Leder Gris. Been using it for a few years now on all my boots and it's top stuff.

Tempted to try this mink oil stuff though.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE