Book Passaround - lots of pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Hi there,

I know everyone here is the outdoors type and have a love of nature. As such, I thought I might let you guys have a look at what I found recently. It is a book with a collection of bird sketches from Charles Tunnicliffe - the artist that illustrated Tarka the Otter and other things.

I've offered the same on BB but I thought if anything its more for you guys. (Tony, i tried to PM to check it was OK, but your box is full, in the non cricketing sense :rolleyes: if this isn't cool please delete it, or maybe lock it so people can still see the poor photos)

He was a true naturalist and that shows in the humbling and beautiful sketches. Not just one for the bird watchers! These are really nice. Usual passaround rules? (I've never done one) The only thing I'd say is the book is a little elderly and therefore not as robust as a new one.

Here are some photos to whet the appetite! Apologies - they are off my phone.

Ben

book10.jpg

book9.jpg

book8.jpg

book7.jpg

book6.jpg

book5.jpg

book4.jpg

book3.jpg

book2.jpg

book1.jpg

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I can't see the photos but i'd like a look as i do a bit of illustration. Set out your terms and conditions a little more clearly i.e. what postage type to use what happens if books is damaged that sort of thing I'll pm you in a little while I'm a touch busy at present.

James

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Ok, here are the rules of this passaround as the other sets I've read are aimed at knives (Yog's Spyderco rules)

The passaround will initially be limited to 5 people, each keeping the book for a week. This could change, and this restriction is NO comment on the participants, or potential ones, but rather Royal Mail.

Each individual will have a week as stated and is then responsible for the book until it reaches the next person, including failure of delivery.

The replacement value for this book is £20. I've only found copies in the US for about $15 but shipping/duty etc. The book didn't cost me that much but I'd sadly miss it. Damage will be deducted depending on how bad I suppose.

Minimum postage - RM Signed For. If you want to add insurance/special delivery etc it's up to you.

Does that cover everything?

JD, If you can't see the images (they're not great) then I can email them if you'd like.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
terms all seem ok to me , not bothered about the images i'll just have a look at the book. Lets see who else takes up the offer this could turn into a to me, to you pass around if no one else is interested:)

James*

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE