Saddle sore...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Since becoming the owner of an electric bike I seem to have spent most of my time happily pedalling the quiet back lanes and cycleways in my area. I joined the 21st Century and bought a small computer type gizmo which attached to the handlebars tells me all sorts of startling facts. How fast I'm travelling, calories being burned, and lots more information which quite honestly I didn't seek, all I wanted was something to tell me how far I had travelled, being too lazy to get the paper map out..But amongst all the various tricks in the Gizmo I found mileage and total mileage, so all is well.
Too many trips to post, the forum would be suicidal with endless photos of an old bloke and his bike in country lanes...:laugh:

I have managed a regular weekly overnighter too, and today being a rest day from my Tour De Wales, here is Wednesday/Thursday's trip to the wood.
High Summer, the woods are beautiful and full of Summer growth and sunlight.

The long days of sunshine have resulted in much Reed growth in the Lake and the big Water Lillys are blooming.

Tanglewood! I named it well I think. It is now waist high in growth and a trip with a fully loaded Bergan is hard work, even more so when I stepped in someone's home tunnel entrance and went over into the Stinging Nettles. Fortunately I was in Jungle Rig, Sleeves rolled down, buttoned up and all tucked in, so apart from flapping about like a capsized stranded Turtle trying to get up, and just a few stings so all was well...

I used this trip to trial a one man tent that I've had for a while but not slept in. Only cheap, but that's not unusual for me as the Fates seem to let me cope perfectly well with budget gear. A good spray with Fabsil and double check seams and Guy attachments and ready to go.
My usual pitches were thick with Bramble growth so I chickened out and found somewhere less jungly, although even here it was thick enough to hide an Elephant, well a short one anyway..:laugh:
So, cool off, sit and count the Stinging Nettle bumps and get a brew on before anything else..

There is the option to hang the peak of this tent from a branch or use a single Walking Pole or stick. The old Maple Tree is stable and heathy, so I hung the tent from a low branch.

As the day faded a bird began singing nearby and continued until almost full dark. At first I thought it may have been a Nightingale, but apart from being perhaps a little too far to the West for a Nightingale I realised after a few choruses it was almost certainly a Thrush with something to be cheerful about, but it was definitely an evening woodland bonus.

All settled for what promises to be a very mild night, although there is a breeze catching the tree tops making that sound like rushing water.

After dark it was Chicken Noodles followed by Rice pud in a little plastic pot, and tea of course...:tongue:

A warm peaceful night and a dry windless morning. Not bothering with the Fire Bowl, so it's back to the faithful Dragon Gel Cooker for the morning brew.

And tomorrow? Back to training for the Yellow Jersey, if it's a nice day...:roflmao:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Excellent stuff, the combination of an electric bike and camping is great. I hear you on the miles, I definitely do more miles with the eBike than on my other bike...

Reactions: saxonaxe

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Great write up! Glad you're enjoying the electric bike. It's always nice to get out and about, especially if you are able to go almost weekly. I'd love to be able to do that.

Keep em coming, I like reading about others adventures, it always encourages me to get out there!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE