Book gift it on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I think the choice of subjects in books is too great in order to get a fast flow.
If we limit to subjects to nature/bushcraft/DIY, there will be more interest, I guess.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Yeah,

I thought travelling around the world and into remote places would interest people!

I will have another look to see what other options I could offer up, though I don't have many bushcrafty ones.

Off the top of my head though there are

The bourne identity, the bourne supremacy and the bourne ultimatum by robert ludlum all paper backs.

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
God this thread is hard to please! Not even a sniff!

I also have the Himalaya and the pole to pole by michael palin, either of these are now on offer too!

On the recommendation of Pinkie I'll take the Palin Himalaya book please. The Ray mears books though I sure are very good I find his style of writing a bit too dry. Sorry.

So on offer from me is Jupiter's Travels by Ted Simon. Story of a bloke who gets on a Triumph and sets off to ride around the world. Took him four years. Thoroughly good read too. Better than those nacy boys Ewan and Charlie and thier support vehicles. This bloke did it in 1974 with a spare tooth brush as his back up.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I have been following this thread, but just not really interested in some or read the others already, Its very hard this one, most bushcraft books are going to have been read by people on this thread (?) or either the selection is too broad in appeal ?????? Difficult to know really.

Can we include eBooks?

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Knowing how much pressure Biker puts on himself with these things the only humane thing to do would be to say

"go on then biker I'll have that if its still available"

I'll offer up

Home Winemaking by Paul and Anne Turner

Great book for anyone wanting to start making their own wine, it has recipes as well as step by step guides to all the essential processes

Thanks Dave

Biker

Thanks Dave. Most people go jogging to get their heart rates up, I put stuff on Gift it on threads and get the same results, sadly not half as much fun as looking at other heart rate speeding websites I could mention. (I think John Fenna goes to the Bushcraft Betty thread LOL!)

I still have your address from the gift it on thread of those blacksmith's pincers, so I'll post the book off to you very soon, OK?

On offer from DaveBromley is - Home wine making by Paul & Anne Turner

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
No worries Biker thought i better help out before you ruptured something lol

This book is the first one i got when looking into wine making and is absolutely fantastic, some of the recipes are awesome not tried them all though

Dave

Biker

No worries Biker thought i better help out before you ruptured something lol

Ever the considerate person you are, thanks. You'll be pleased to know I posted it off to you 2 hours ago. Went into the post office and asked: "How much to send this please?"

Teller: "€6.20"

Me: "Merde! (French for golly!) That ain't cheap!" >thinks< I wonder if Dave can wait 'till I'm in the UK in 3 weeks time?

Teller: "What's in it?"

Me: "A book"

Teller (tappety tap on her keyboard) "That'll be &#8364;1.28 please."

Just when I think I have a handle on living over here in France, something like that comes along and blind-sides me on a Monday morning.

Anyway it's on its way, hope you like the bookmarks Dave.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
That's indeed strange, Aaron...
I will not be participating in any swaps either for a few weeks, since my livingroom starts to look like a warehouse, too.
I'll be moving soon, too....

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Time to resurrect this thread! On offer from DaveBromley:

Homewinemaking by Paul and Anne Turner or Jingo by Terry Pratchett

Biker

Yes, lets give it a go

I'm up for it. I've just had a clear out of a lot of stuff so I have quite a few books right now. So to get the ball rolling (and so these books go to a good home and not on the fire or a charity shop) I offer:

Bernard Cornwell's Trilogy titled respectively Vagabond, Harlequin and Heretic.

9780006513858.jpg

Book synopsis is nabbed from Amazon.uk from someone who wrote a review:

In this trilogy Bernard Cornwell weaves historical fact, fiction and the stuff of myth and legend into a gripping tale of one man's quest for truth and his heritage. Thomas of Hookton, survivor of the massacre of his village and family, b*****d son of a deranged priest, cousin to one of the most feared men in Christendom but above all an Archer, must continue to survive the political and religious turmoil of 14th century Medieval Europe. He is reluctantly drawn into a quest, surviving great battles, torture and personal loss, a quest to find the holiest of christian relics and as the shadow of the Black Death creeps across Europe, find his own inner peace and justice. Cornwells incredibly accurate research, his unrivalled ability to bring to life his characters and his vivid portrayal of life and death in the Middle Ages, makes this trilogy more than just a work of historical fiction but a damn good read.

Books will be posted after May 10th though when I'm in the UK next. Hope you won't mind waiting till then for them.

No takers for the Bernard Cornwell trilogy?

Ok how about a copy of David Brin's The Postman. It's the book that the Kevin Costner film was based upon, much more bleak but still a rather good read.

49775.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE