Bonny Coloured Paracord?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
Can anybody point me in the direction of a UK supplier of 550 paracord in nice colours? Before somebody points out that hot-pink is not a suitable colour for bushcrafters it will be used to make lanyards and pulls for my knives, torches etc.:)

The US company www.supplycaptain.com have it in a wide variety of fluro, matt and camo colours but before I look at buying from abroad I'd like to know if anybody here sells the stuff.

thanks

Chris

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You must be able to get it from climbing outlets, they love their gaudy colours. Have a word with your local climbing wall centre or rock climbing group or whatever they are called!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Can't help with paracord per se, but there's loads of different colours of climbers accessory cord out there. I reckon it's far superior to paracord - but it is also significantly more expensive, and you can't separate the inner core the way you can with paracord.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
If you need any help making your lanyards pm me. I make them and sell them on ebay. I can send you a few links that might be of interest to you. Unfortunately I don't know of any UK suppliers. I buy my paracord from supplycaptain.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
As already mentioned, climbing accessory cord is waaay stronger, better made and comes in loads of colours.

Costs more but if your just after a few metres its not bad at all.
Never been much of a fan of paracord myself and prefer accessory cord.

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
I ended up ordering from supplycaptain.com - and I can cannot fault their service. It only took 5 days from placing the order to the package arriving on my doorstep, and with the strength of the pound against the dollar it was pretty cheap as well. In contrast I ordered some stuff from a well known UK bushcraft/outdoor supplier 3 weeks ago and still nothing.

Recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE