Bone Fish Hook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
I made this the other day:
3633932822_94b29e5263_b.jpg

I'm not sure if it has the right strength for it's size but it was fun and quick to make (10 mins)!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Your probably right about it's strength but who cares it was the fun of making it that makes it worth while in the end! Unless of course your starving in the Ullooo and it was your last hook!!:D

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Mark,now you,ve made one you will want to make many more as it is quite addictive,plus it bolsters your confidence knowing you are getting more self reliant.

If your interested in primitive fishing you may like to check out this book http://books.google.ca/books?id=fudyXm4KMpQC&pg=PP1&dq=Hilary+Stewart

I,ve made a few hooks using this book as a guide,some people may question if these hooks will work,but my thought is that if they worked for the Native Americans of the west coast,its good enough for me.

PS i will be hopefully using them soon on a course i will be attending in August.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE