Board Game Suggestions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I'm on the hunt for games to take camping and came across this thread which I appreciate was last year but I had a suggestion anyway...

"Pandemic"

There are a few versions some better than the original but I've only played the original. Imo it's a fun game for 2-3 people as you all work together to rid the world of diseases (quite fitting considering the times...) so either you all win or you all lose... It's handy when playing with people of all abilities ..

Reactions: TeeDee

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yes, surprisingly good for a wild camping, backpacking trip in the lakes when you simply need a little cafe time to dry out. Also works with a little pub time too!

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Crusoe1

May 25, 2021
Liverpool
Ticket to Ride has a bit of tactics to it, but it can be played by kids or adults. It's one of the most popular board games about. It's about building railway routes across America (Or Europe for Euro edition).

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just pledged to get ' Fall of Kingdoms ' Deluxe edition.

Hopefully it lives upto the general vibe I'm looking for.

ranger85

Dec 28, 2011
north wales
Ive just attended the 2024 games expo in Birmingham so have bought loads recently!

Forbidden island is a nice "co-operative game" which saves any arguing but requires abit of table space.
And a game called "blank slate" seemed pretty fun

Reactions: TeeDee

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Thoroughly recommend Tsuro.

Is VERY simple to play, no rules to learn but the strategy is complex.
Definitely competitive.
A LOT of fun

Edited to edit the error in the edit.

Edited (rather than executed as provided by the autocarrot) to add:-

Pass the Pigs
Alcohol definitely enhances this one.

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
It’s not a board game, but I like to play Spoof with some other old boys from our village at the pub. It’s an ancient counter game, although usually played with coins for whatever spoils you choose collectively. We play for a round of crisps :). You don’t need a table top, but it does make things more fun!

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
It’s not a board game, but I like to play Spoof with some other old boys from our village at the pub. It’s an ancient counter game, although usually played with coins for whatever spoils you choose collectively. We play for a round of crisps :). You don’t need a table top, but it does make things more fun!
Great pub game

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Just watched a video on how to play Spoof (I don't know if I have heard of it before)

Quite a simple video for anyone that also didn't know.

Thank you for the heads up about that, looks fun!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I saw one the other day online ( no idea where ) which uses neodymium magnets as playing “stones”. You take turns to place a stone within a string circle. If you’re too close to another it will jump onto your stone and you then have to take the extra one & play again. Winner is whoever places all their stones first. I may buy it. Looked very frustrating.
Speaking of which, we have a 1960s edition of “Frustration” which has stood the test of time with no loss of appeal or entertainment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE