Board Game Suggestions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Can Anyone give me a suggestion of a decent Boardgame to purchase?

Not something to in depth and intricate - Settlers of Cataan.

But equally something that will be entertaining and not too dumbed down for adults.

TIA

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
'Kingmaker'.
I think it's now out of production but second hand copies can be had.
It's an absolute cracker. If I had to play only one game for the rest of my life, that would be it.
Or maybe 'Blood Royale'...

Another good one is 'Illuminati'. That's still in production.
Musn't forget 'Diplomacy' either. I remember many weekend-long games of that. It's a good game to truly get to know your friends.

Reactions: TeeDee

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats something I missed out on; Only child and adults too busy toplay with me.

They are re-issuing MBs `HeroQuest` arent they?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Going 1980s here, but go for broke is the friendliest game ever, you are happy to lose money....it is the complete reverse to monopoly.

Not the game you want......

So my 2p worth is sussed card game, choose the version you want...SUSSED Emotional Intelligence is a good one if you want to find out if loved ones really know you...

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Thats something I missed out on; Only child and adults too busy toplay with me.

They are re-issuing MBs `HeroQuest` arent they?

I have my old one sat on a shelf ready to be thrown out. Unusable as it is now because of parts missing but funny to see the character cards my brother and I had back as kids.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm not a lover of board games or card games, but I used to like trivial pursuits and I also have a backgammon set that is totaly unused as I have no idea how to play or anyone to play with.

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
I'm not a lover of board games or card games, but I used to like trivial pursuits and I also have a backgammon set that is totaly unused as I have no idea how to play or anyone to play with.
Used to play a lot of Backgammon, great game, you should learn its really not that difficult, probably get an app to play solo. Then whoop bottom when 'playing for the first time'.....in 3 dimensions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE