Blinkin' finished at last.....!

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Here are a few pics of the mods to the home made lavuu stove.

As it was but with the damper fitted to the flue.

DSCF1523.jpg

Fitted a water jacket around the stainless steel chimney section for hot water any time stove is lit.

DSCF1544.jpg

Complete at last just need to get it into the tent!

DSCF1543.jpg

Soloman.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
that square to round is all class:D

(I just re read my post and its brevity could be perceived as negative and/or sarcastic, its not meant to be. You have done a very good job there!)

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Thanks for your kind comments guys,there is a small hole to release any pressure.
The flue is a few sections of 3"galv ducting avalable from aic cond/ducting firms.
Soloman.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Had a test today and results,superb.
It will boil enough for 3 brews in 10 mins,not super fast but if the stove is lit then you might as well have a brew.
Yes Nick it folds flat but still is a fair size(but so is the lavuu)
Soloman.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That fair looks the business :D

I used a geodesic dome that came with a stove like that one at one of the Scottish Winter Meets, and we had a real rammy of an arguement of how best to make use of the stove pipe heat to make hot water.

Solved :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Great work. Am very impressed.
Now I must start some modifications on My Helsport stove. My wife will not thank you for me being in the shed for the next few weekends!!:)

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Wow, I'm very impressed, well done and the water sleeve is why I love it so much, it reminds me of the work of craftsmen when the thing they made was thought about in detail, sometimes having up to ten different uses.
It seems that nowadays, with all of the mass produced crap, it normally only has one intended use and is designed to fail just after the year warranty is up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE