Blast match etc cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i have not oredered from them before. i would expect them to be professional with shipping etc big organisation. I'm not into their polictics but then i respect their views own guns. anti tank rockets and M16s are a bit over the top but the population over here views knives with horror. Guns rarely kill people. people kill people.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
As far as I can see from their website, add $13-95 to the order, so that makes $23-95. £14-00 seems an absolute bargain for the Ultimate Survival basic kit that sells for about £40-00 here. Am I missing something? Will customs sting me hard?

Ted W

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Customs might sting you but in theory there should be no charge if the goods are of less than £18 in value.

However the packet will have the dollar price and the post office are not that sharp and will sometimes charge you if is has a figure of more than 18. I have had some of the most fantastic incompetence from the post office and if you complain they stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they can't hear you.

The charge is a percentage but they also charge a set post office handling fee of £4.95 which was more than the customs charge on one packet I received, amazing. The guy on the complaints line didn't see a problem with charging me more to handle a fee than the fee itself :shock:

On the other hand I have got stuff before with no charge when it should have been quite a lot and then the post office is a fantastic British institution :wink:

Bill

PS apologies to any posties here you do a great job.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Will do. The order's just gone in and the total price was indeed $23-95. They reckon on 2 weeks to ship to UK. I'll pass a sitrep on arrival.

Ted W

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
That'd be $23.95US so in your currency the figure's about half isn't it? Do you send a money order in dollars? Just curious how that works. BTW, the wife is ordering two of them, one for each of us. It's such a great price, I wouldn't be surprised that they disappear in a hurry.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
I made it £14-00 Sterling. I paid by credit card, so the banks will sort it out anyway. I agree it seems an amazing bargain which must go quickly, so I wanted to get my order in pronto! If it works out well and there's any left by then, I'll get some more as presents.

Ted W

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
That is a good price and I wish I'd known before I bothered ordering from the US. That said, I can't find the item on Blacks website, so I'll have a look next time I'm near one of their shops.

Ted W

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE