Blast match etc cheap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I think there is some confusion here. The original post is for the complete survival kit for $10.00 where as I think everyone else is talking about JUST the blast match.

To confuse things further the link above shows the kit for £50.00 but this includes a saw that does not seem to be in the US kit.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
a mate of mine had one a while ago and he said something to me about using it wrongly and it melted its self in the inside of its container... take caution... i will find out more

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
My original post was indeed for the basic survival kit. i should have titled the thread better. The basic kit includes the blast match, wet fire tinder, whistle and mirror but no sabre saw.

Btw i ordered 2 from the site and paid extra for express delivery and have yet to receive them. i will let you know how i get on.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Mine arrived yesterday, so that's just under the two weeks. There were no extra charges for Customs etc.
The kit is exactly as per the Ultimate Survival basic kit (i.e. without the saw) except marked "NRA" in a couple of places. Everything does what it's supposed to do very well (but I have not tried the Wetfire tinder yet - you get 2 packets). The storage box is sturdy but heavy, and as it does not make up a complete survival kit by itself, I plan to extract the contents and put them into other kits.
So, I reckon I’ve got a bargain :) – has anyone found them in Blacks’ yet?

Ted W

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
tenbears10 said:
Wayne

Have you ordered from them before?

How do you feel about supporting the 'gun crazy' NRA :wink:

Bill

NRA are actually quite moderate. For example they don't really put much effort into trying to repeal the automatic weapon restrictions put in place in the 1930's. Nor do they attempt to hold the government to the full implications of the "shall not be infringed" restriction of the second amendment.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Is the container with the kit waterproof/resistent as stated in another ad that I read? Is there enough room to add a few small items to make it a more complete kit?

Depending on who you talk to, the NRA is either the best thing going, or they are said to have sold out.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
The kit comes in an Otterbox that is impact resistant and waterproof (thanks to a gasket around the edge). The kit in the box is tight but there should be room to add a few small bits.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
You always have been able to get the waterproof boxed kit in two flavours - with and without the saw. The saw is something like £25 on it's own, the mirror about 8, etc etc, so either the full or basic kit are cheaper than buying the bits individually.

I did my local Blacks (manchester) at the weekend and they were selling the full kit at the typical UK price of £49.xx. They had the blast match, saw, wetfire, and mirror as individual items too.

The cheaper kit without the saw was noticeably absent but the store was busy so I didn't wait around to ask about it. £15 is a very good price if anyone does find it for that.

MagiKelly

It seems a great price considering you are also getting an otter box as well. Of course it begs the question that if the Blast match works when wet, the Tinder lights when wet and the mirror and whistle will work wet, why do you need a waterproof box for it all?:?:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
MagiKelly said:
Of course it begs the question that if the Blast match works when wet, the Tinder lights when wet and the mirror and whistle will work wet, why do you need a waterproof box for it all?:?:
Because the box is cool! :eek:):

MagiKelly

Having just checked the site again I see the price is $20. I could not remember the price originally but looking back through the thread it looks as if it was $10. Looks like they have realised it was too cheap. Still even at $20 it is hard to beat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE