Blade wobble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Al Fresco

May 8, 2012
Bristol
I recently bought a Jack Pyke Urban folding knife & without much use at all, it has developed a bit of blade wobble..

Bit of a net search later... I found a youtube vid of a guy fixing a wobble problem on a recon 1, by tightening the pivot point screw... with a 'specialized' screwdriver.... The Jack Pyke screw is entirely different looking.

I am wondering if anyone knows what tool I need? ...or any other advice on sorting it would be gratefully received...

DSCF2803.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cant you bend the tines on an old fork to fit it? Or are the holes too small?

Edit.... Jack Pyke stuff isn't the best quality so i expect it will be a recurring issue. Once you have something to tighten it i'd suggest removing the screw and adding a bit of glue to the thread, then put it back in and it shouldnt come loose again. :)

Last edited:

Al Fresco

May 8, 2012
Bristol
Couple of great suggestions there... thanks

Think I'll give it a go with a battered fork 1st, looks like it might just fit....

Edit.... Yeah.... I bought this knife before I joined this forum... & although I'd seen a couple of you tube positive reviews, I think my £12 could have been spend more wisely!

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You can but a special glue for locking screws. Kiev it's blue and made by picture. I got recommended it for the seat fitting screws on my kayak. It stopped the screws and sealed the leaks nicely. Considering the stress due to Whitewater paddling this locking glue didn't crack or fail is gd.

If you have those large, thick paperclips it cld work. I've got a few and they're made from almost 1mm thick wire that is strong. I use them a lot for sticking in narrow slots to work out something such as a mid-located circlip in my car seat headrest.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Could you replace that with a Chicago screw or similar? Then you could use a screwdriver to adjust it when need be...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE