Blacksmithing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Good evening to all, well had a great day out at Petts Bottom in Kent with Ross on a blacksmith course.
Brilliant course, made lots of items, started with a poker, this ran through some of the basic skills needed and gave me my first hand made iron tool. Moving onto a knife, and this made from half a horse shoe. Again this was tempered and hardened so I just got to give it a sharp edge.
Item three, a little leaf, for decoration, necklace whatever you want, but more skills in smithing. Now onto number four and a nice little stick in the ground pot hanger for the camp fire. And lastly a great toasting fork, maybe bread, marshmallow or a nice lump of wild meat, yummy.
Well anyway great day and highly recommended, and well looked after in the lunch break with lovely home made food by Ross's wife.
Brilliant great and anything else to explain a thourghly fantastic time. :You_Rock_Ross

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE