Blacks going

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
We have a field and trek in Llanelli althoe i don't buy my camping kit there I buy cross trainers/boots , cycling clothes and jackets there, I used to buy in Blacks Swansea but the prices were a bit high.
Shame they are going, I like some of the old tents and good to see the old Bulldog pots, I wish I still had my bulldog pans.!

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Vango own 'Blacks of Greenock', I thought Blacks Leisure and 'Blacks of Greenock' were the same. Vango bought them over. So the 'shops'
Blacks/Millets are separate.

Blacks of Greenock are the tent manufacturers, eg force ten, icelandics.

http://www.blacksofgreenock.co.uk/
.........The Blacks of Greenock brand is now separately owned by the AMG Group, whose products include Vango, Lichfield, Trangia, Teva, Rossignol and Wayfarer........

Last edited:

Muddyhands

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Wiltshire
Just reading BBC and looks like JB sport are going to buy Blacks including euro hike and peter storm which was also owned by Blacks

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I cannot remember the last time Blacks actually had anything that I wanted to buy. It was certainly a long time before they bought Millets so I doubt If I'll grieve over them.

The truth is that these days I buy the right stuff on-line instead of something that a shop assistant thinks I want.

While I obviously have some sympathy for the people who will lose their jobs, I'll miss Lakeland Bushcraft a lot more than Blacks.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Same here long time since I have been to Blacks. Trying to keep my kit to a minimum. Too much junk bought that I never used.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My White Brethren and I were disappointed after getting excited about the title of this thread

(only joking)!

We've got a Millets in our town - keep popping in but nothing worth buying is actually reduced, despite the 70% off posters in the window. Was after some Craghoppers lined trousers but they're not reduced at all. I don't know if it's a chain but went into an outdoor store called Yeoman's in Cheltenham - was very impressed, much better range of stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE