Blackberry Glut

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Having already made Wild Cherry Schnapps and Plum Gin I was on the look out for my next project.

Everyday, during working hours I was eyeing these beauties and only got the chance to help myself this evening:

blackberryglut001.jpg

blackberryglut003.jpg

with one for me and one for the tub approach it still only took 20 mins to half fill a 4 litre tub....

blackberryglut004.jpg

For the Brandy batch I used 3 - 4 Tablespoons of sugar depending on sweetness of blackerries.

For the Gin in a 1.5 litre bottle I used 7 tablespoons.

No need to ***** the Blackberries.

Store in a cool, dark cupboard and shake every other day for a week.

Then shake once a week for two to three months.

Finished:

blackberryglut005.jpg

Roll on November :D

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
hmm that sounds lovely.
Do ya reckon that would work with vodka or white rum? cause they are the only spirits i have at the moment and i dont have money to buy anything else right now.

TJ

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Took my daughter out on a bimble today and we picked enough for a pie and some jam
Am I right in thinking this has been an exceptionally good year for soft fruit ? as we had a huge amount of strawberries as well
I reckon it would work with Vodka http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/606296 probably fine with rum as well but not so sure

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
The heat here has rendered them incredibly intesely flavoured this year. Went with the kids and picked buckets last week. Froze lots of them on trays and then bagged them up like peas :)

Just pour cream on them whilst they are still frozen - a dash of spirit on them can be nice - but these are nce enough as is

There is a bumbleberry jam, which I think is blueberries and blackberries - one of my favourites. :)

Now that sounds nice:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE