Blackberries...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
We have them ripe here already, does anyone else ?. The ones i've found that are ripe are east facing on a slight rise.

Rob

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've got a nice patch of large ripe blackberries close to where I work. They are certainly about here in South Wales.

On the other hand, I got a lovely ripe wild strawberry from some upland woodland on Sunday, so altitude makes a big difference too.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
aye, first strawberries and gooseberries, then cherry's, then cherry plums and now blackberries!
its a regular fruit fest ;)

remember the best ones are the ones on the end of the bush, the ones to ripen first, they're the biggest and sweetest ;)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
are berries are not ripe yet might take some crumble to the moot and some rhubarb yum yum regards dave

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
yup 'harvested' over a kilo and a half whilst sat on my workshops roof yesterday (and there are plenty more to come!!!) darned vicious thorns but its a pleasure to be 'blackberrying' sat down for a change :lmao:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Not ripe around here (Gloucester),but i was working in Swindon today by a wooded area and managed to collect some in my sarnie box to take home.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I found a couple of bushes in my local park that had what looked like pink blackberries, they were ripe and tasted a bit like raspberry and strawberry mix.
Not sure what they were, will take a few picks to post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE