bivibag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
It's worth shopping around though, I got mine for £25 it had been issued, but the guy had never even pulled the draw string (the drawstring sleeve was still uncreased and pristeen until I went and pulled the cord tight). I guess Private Blewitt must have blown it straight after writing his name in the bag! :eek:):

Try finding some of the smaller surplus outlets like market stalls or local shops they often have less of an idea of what stuff is worth than the big surplus guys.

Scoops

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
Be careful not to get drawn in to a bidding war on eBay. You can pick up some bargains but make certain you are bidding on the Goretex bags. The vendors usually say so if they are Goretex. If in doubt, ask.

Best wishes

Bruce

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Also remember the army issue bags while often advertised as Goretex are actually made from WVPM which is a tougher version of Mr Gore's fabric.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Hi,
I got the Bivi Bag from bearclaw for christmas and have tried it out with my sleeping bag and tarp overnight in Winter weather with low temperatures and rain. I was really warm inside and didn't feel any drafts. I don't think it's goretex but it's really really good all the same. Besides, Gary only sells decent, hard-wearing, good value kit from my experience.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Yep...I use the OG Brit Army one (same as Adi's and think the same as Bearclaw sell)....I have no complaints about it at all....never got wet, never get sweaty....doesn't weight too much...top bag :biggthump

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
i also use a gore-tex army bivy, i love it. The only thing i would have liked is a bit more structure in the hood, so the hood tightens up to be a bit more like a sleeping bag hood but apart from that brittish army ones you can't go wrong. I got mine from www.fieldtextiles.co.uk. :super:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I got my bivi bag from Ebay British military brand new for £30. Try and get the plain olive green one if you go for one, by all acounts they are better than the later camo model. Also if you're tall make sure you're bidding on the large one as they come in different sizes. You may have to wait a bit and bid on a few. I was bidding on about 20 before the right one came along and I was amazed. Some people were bidding up to $50 for used ones and you can never be sure what condition the goretex is in. Go for new and don't pay over £35 if you can avoid it. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE