bivi bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 26, 2011
kent
I got a milcom military issue one and I don't think you can beat it. It was 50 quid from military surplus store. Olive green goretex. Or, get a hammock?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Alpkit Hunka is supposed to be okay, not tried one myself though

You can't go far wrong with an army surplus one but they are a bit on the heavy/bulky side

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
light weight is a sure positive, along with ripstop and pack size. Im quite picky id like a green one; try to blend into nature more, although the Blur RAB does look good.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
light weight is a sure positive, along with ripstop and pack size. Im quite picky id like a green one; try to blend into nature more, although the Blur RAB does look good.

I have the Blue RAB one and although you are right about blending in, it is such a good bivi that I don't mind. the whole thing when packed away will easily sit in my hand and I have small hands! :)

If I had some spare money (lol) I would probably buy a green one as I do like to be able to blend in, but when I am under a green tarp, you pretty much blend in.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Its not ripstop, but is quite sturdy/thick membrane, Like a berghaus jacket skin loosley.

I have the hunka XL being a long chap, it seems to breath well for the price. My bag is always dry in the morning/warm at night and they are reviewed well from the guys that live in them.

The normal hunka is £30 with free p&p from Alpkit. The XL packs down to the size of a grapefruit so the normal would be a fair bit less me thinks.

al.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Ive got the snugpak bivvi. Its weighs 340g waterproof, breathable, windproof and best of all its made in ENGLAND!!

£40-50 well worth it. They are based in Silsden north yorkshire near keighley, They have great customer service and a seconds room which they have discounted gear.
Cant wait to check that room of treasures out..

IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
I've got a RAB Storm that I bought off Leezo on here a good while back, seen a lot of action since then and comes complete with the usual RAB build quality. Never let me down in rain snow or blow (literally!) and one of my bits of kit that I wouldn't change unless it failed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE