bivi bag reccomedations please!!

mrs toilet digger

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2011
tynemouth
Ive been thinking of buying one of these for a while; any chance of a quick review and some pics?

Sure, i will do a proper review when i get out and use it, but i can give you my first impressions (having just had it out on the living room floor)!
It comes in a fold top dry bag, made of eVent exchange lite fabric, and weigh 600gm, both me and jamie find it really spacious- jamie being 6'2 and me 5'8(and i'm no size 10!).Plenty or room at feet so room to store if needed - has a box shaped construction wwhich maybe why it feels so roomy- both our border terriers climbed in with me and still roomy!
the opening i would say isn't as big as some but ihad no problem climbing in to it and sleeping bag wearing jeans etc. the zip line can be sealed with a complete velcro fastening the full lenght of zip , also the zip comes with glow in the dark toggles!!
Hope this helps, i'll post again once i use it properly!!
kind regards catherine

Sure, i will do a proper review when i get out and use it, but i can give you my first impressions (having just had it out on the living room floor)!
It comes in a fold top dry bag, made of eVent exchange lite fabric, and weigh 600gm, both me and jamie find it really spacious- jamie being 6'2 and me 5'8(and i'm no size 10!).Plenty or room at feet so room to store if needed - has a box shaped construction wwhich maybe why it feels so roomy- both our border terriers climbed in with me and still roomy!
the opening i would say isn't as big as some but ihad no problem climbing in to it and sleeping bag wearing jeans etc. the zip line can be sealed with a complete velcro fastening the full lenght of zip , also the zip comes with glow in the dark toggles!!
Hope this helps, i'll post again once i use it properly!!
kind regards catherine

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
i've been asked to pass on the message (catherine is in the bath) , that the bivvy bag was purchased at cotswolds at a rrp of £155 but they did an interenet price match and got it for £129.99. it was actually the staff that mentioned this facility and we cannot fault the service of them all (northumberland st newcastle).
so tonight we are bivvying on the living room floor and cooking our tea on the trangia :lmao:
must say i'm lucky to have her.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Not that I have seen matey, mosy nets need to be suspended some how else they just provide better grip for the bugs yo land on a nibble, what works for me is my issue bivvy with the hood bit over my bergan (lay the bivvy upside down to how you normally get in, there is plenty of room still) to give me some room around my head and still able to look out side ways, as for the bugs, jungle formula strong is my summer scent,

Thanks Southey for the issue bag being upside down, I'm going to try that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE