Bit windy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Just got home and find a large bit of my conservatory on the floor, normally would be quite upset but it's getting pulled down on Monday to make way for our new extension.

Sounds like an insurance claim to me resnikov!

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
Not so bothered by the wind over here any more. It's calmed down no end. It's the flooding that's the problem. Both my parents in the west of Norfolk (kings Lynn) and mother in law on the north Norfolk coast have been evacuated. Gonna head down the river in the morning and check the levels as it's tidal. Hopefully won't need to use my canoe to get off the driveway.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The Havens burst its banks in Boston triggering the major incident plan - quite a few evacuations

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
It's been very windy here all day, They were expecting a big storm surge so they lowered the Tidal Barrier across the entrance to the River Hull, Didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Hull's old town flooded , City centre also, From the Humber to Hull Royal Infirmary Flooded, roughly half a mile inland it reached, some parts under 3 feet of water, We had no warning whatsoever, the water just appeared We moved everything upstairs, Fortunately we are on a slight hill so we were lucky it passed us by , Houses less that 50 yards away not so lucky, Power outages all over. There's another High tide due at about 8 am, Total kaos here, thankfully the waters receeded a fair bit, Princes Quay open for the stranded offering food and hot drinks and somewhere to doss for the night.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE