Bit of lateral thinking.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I picked up another drawknife yesterday at a vide grenier (bootfair) here in France. Pretty good condition but missing the handles and my pole lathe is a project for the summer so what to do in the meantime for replacements?

I put the thought on the back burner of my mind and wandered around the stalls seeing what was about and my eyes fell upon a coat rack sitting there amongst the tut.

"How much mate?" (in French)

"50 cents." (heehaw heehaw)

Picture a vapour trail of my hand thrusting 50 cents into his hands. So now I have the handles. :D

Got home and got busy, an hour or so later, job done. See pix.

Destined for someone in the UK very soon. Hope she likes it.

Drawknife4-1.jpg

Drawknife4-2.jpg

Drawknife4-3.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks a million, Biker

(But dont you dare do a Bushcraft Betty of me...Im not like her at all)

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Awesome job Biker, I'm sure she'll be very happy with it ;) heehaw heehaw (i sound like a donkey when i try doing heehaw heehaw)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for the feedback. Rather pleased with myself I have to say.

I just need to find another 28 of those coat racks and I'm in business :lmao:

Good idea about the awl handle Eric, it could go with my other five :rolleyes:
I might hang onto it in the hope of finding another coat rack then I can potentially restore two more drawknifes.

Tengu; no chance Ma'am. I haven't got a mental image of you yet, well not enough to base a drawing on.

PH34r. What can I say? When the mood takes me I'm just Mr Productive, having spare time helps though. At least it keeps me off the streets, unless it's a bootfair of course. ;)

Oh well back to the grind. Bye for now.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wooden door handles are just for dislpay purposes dont you know, they aint needed and if they were then a draw knife would need them more ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE