Bison Bushcraft Guide shirt (with pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
Jason its my fault,i got 2 of um and let me tell you there top notch:nana:

oh and I'm still getting professional help for the kit addiction thing:togo:

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
I've just spoken to our seamstress and she has said I will have the next batch next week. In reality that means we should be able to send them out by the weekend. I'll also have a sample of a new colour scheme next week based on the current colour being autumn the new one should be spring. If possible I'll get a picture of the new colour up on the website.
Sorry for the delays.

Roger
www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
I've just spoken to our seamstress and she has said I will have the next batch next week. In reality that means we should be able to send them out by the weekend. I'll also have a sample of a new colour scheme next week based on the current colour being autumn the new one should be spring. If possible I'll get a picture of the new colour up on the website.
Sorry for the delays.

Roger
www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk
Thanks mate;)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
They are in very high demand, and with good reason!
I work for Bison (for those who don't know) and only got mine a few weeks back (customers come first!, Rodgers personal ones have gone out to several customers who needed them in a hurry! - they were aware!)
I'm 5"9' and 42' chest the medium fits very well (hopefully a guide for siszing).
They are made in the UK and the fabric is woven to order, nothing mass produced in the far east, in keeping with our ethos.
Not all of our products meet that standard yet, but we are trying, we now have a "Bisons own Products range" which are items which are designed by us and manufactured with the environment and local craftspeople in mind.
Neil

Craigeam

Sep 3, 2005
Na H-Eileanan an Iar
The next batch must be in now as mine arrived today and I must say is well worth the wait.

On first impressions I can only agree with the comments posted earlier, if anything the quality of materials and construction are superior to even my older Swannies this will certainly be a favourite piece of kit.

Cheers

Craigeam

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've had mine a month now, and they are god quality, the only gripes i have are, i can't fasten the top button, shirts a medium and i'm a 44 chest and it fits me fine, but for the top button(17 1/2 collar/neck size), also the sleeves are tight but they'll strech, wer'e not all the same size due to sport or work we've done which has alterd our bodies/shapes.
I also suggested to roger a fastening on the pocket. I like mine more than my swanni, so i'm a fan.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Hmmm was considering a purchase but Woof's comments bother me - what's the biggest size available? I need a 52" chest with an 18.5" neck and 18.5" arms (I have a sport modified body :D ;) )

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Your best bet would be to have as word with Roger.....I notice that with some of his other new products he states that people's personal measurements are needed to ensure proper fit. Whether he could do a "customised" size for this product I don't know...but I'd guess ther's a fair chance if you ask ;) I need to try one (probably at the Gathering) before I buy...

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Woof
If you look at the size chart, with a 44" chest you should have a large really.

New colour should be up soon, it's in the hands of the web man.New colour (summer) shirts available from 2-3 weeks from now and next batch of old (autumn) colour due in 3+ weeks.

Roger

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Shouldn't that be summer "colour" ;)

It's still check - and I'm not a huge fan of check - that said the original one is actually understated - you don't notice it so much.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hmmm.. Not sure about that one.

Having said that pictures online are a pretty bad guide to colour unless the whole system is colour managed so I'd be interested in seeing one in the cloth as it were.

2008_0215Image0004.jpg
bison_bushcraft_guide_shirt.jpg

Bison-Shirt.jpg
guide_shirt_summer.jpg
Summer Colour

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I took delivery of a summer coloured one yesterday. It's quite a contrast to the autumn one, which me lady wife says is a bit 'too ginger', but it looks ... OK. The green on it is pleasant; the fawn-y colour is fine too - but in combination, I'm not entirely convinced. I think it needs a bit of a bashing and wear to take away that just-out-of-the-packet look.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that it feels as though it is a slightly lighter weight fabric too. That's no bad thing but I think I'll wait until this appalling sunny and warm weather to go before I start wearing it in earnest.

The cut and quality remain the same - this is going to be one of those heirloom garments that I hand down to my kids. Who knows, I might even wash it before I do so!

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just reanimating this review as I had the chance to wear the shirt in proper wintery weather.
The shirt has softened up a bit as it's been through the washing machine a few times (with no shrinkage). There's little sign of wear around the elbows, collar or cuffs where I'd expect to see it first. It's now my first choice mid layer for outdoors and is often a favourite "round the house" shirt and "wander into town" shirt as it looks quite presentable. In short, it's my most worn item of clothing and as far as I'm concerned has already paid for itself, with what looks to be many years of life left in it. Well worth every penny.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE