Bison Bushcraft Guide shirt (with pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
No, the original run didn't. I don't know if they've added one now.

Cheers for the speedy reply, thats a shame im sure that your not likely to loose anything out of it but i have to have pockets that can be fastened, and it freaks me out if they are left open too! :werd:

Cheers
Louis

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
nice shirt but how much:eek:

pete
Pricey but I still feel it's good value for money. You could pay as much or more for a fleece from a "major" outdoor clothing manufacturer that was made in the far east and comes with a huge markup. At least you know your money is going to small UK businesses. This shirt is built to last. I wouldn't be suprised to get 10 years of hard use out of it, if you look at it that way it's cost effective.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Cheers for the speedy reply, thats a shame im sure that your not likely to loose anything out of it but i have to have pockets that can be fastened, and it freaks me out if they are left open too! :werd:

Cheers
Louis
To be honest I don't use the pocket that much. It's handy to pop my tinder bundle in to keep it warm and dry when I'm using the flint and steel technique but that's about the only time I use it.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
To be honest I don't use the pocket that much. It's handy to pop my tinder bundle in to keep it warm and dry when I'm using the flint and steel technique but that's about the only time I use it.

I know what you mean im the same with my Swanni, but they still have to be done up :lmao:
Cheers

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Wasn`t there talk of them doing a plain olive version ?

They do say on the website that other colours were to follow. Why not email Bison? I'm sure if enough people expressed an interest it would be worth them doing a run.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
What are they like next to the skin, are they as horrible and scratchy as Swannys ?

Paul

I'm not terribly sensitive to wool and always found the Swannie perfectly comfortable. At first the Bison was a little scratchy but has softened nicely after a few washes. If you've had problems with swannies you probably won't get on with this one.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I'm not terribly sensitive to wool and always found the Swannie perfectly comfortable. At first the Bison was a little scratchy but has softened nicely after a few washes. If you've had problems with swannies you probably won't get on with this one.

To be fair to the Swanny i had, i only tried it on once and thought straight away that it was horrid against the skin. Im sure if i gave the Bison the chance, it would feel fine, especially after a few washes.

Paul

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
To be fair to the Swanny i had, i only tried it on once and thought straight away that it was horrid against the skin. Im sure if i gave the Bison the chance, it would feel fine, especially after a few washes.

Paul
I tend to only wear swannies or the bison as a mid layer, usually with a merino baselayer. If you chose a high necked baselayer it wouldn't come into contact with your skin much at all.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Mine has arrived too albeit care of a somewhat weary Santa!

All I can say about sizing is that XL is not as will be found on the high street so heed the BB size chart.

Fortunately my example was not just too long in the arm but also across the chest so my plan of subjecting it to a 40c wash, with soap and NOT detergent, shrunk it to perfection. This however is NOT a BB recommendation but rather the risk I was prepared to take.

I've also whipped off the as supplied buttons and installed some hand-made antler ones. It looks rather cool if I may say so although the task has clearly left me a little deflated!!

SN200562.jpg

My only gripe is the stubby collar could be twice as high but guess that's a matter of taste. Certainly it is preferable to the 70's wing collar to be found the Swannie. Now if only BB would supply them as a half-zip hoodie!!

Cheers

K

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Mine has arrived too albeit care of a somewhat weary Santa!

All I can say about sizing is that XL is not as will be found on the high street so heed the BB size chart.

Fortunately my example was not just too long in the arm but also across the chest so my plan of subjecting it to a 40c wash, with soap and NOT detergent, shrunk it to perfection. This however is NOT a BB recommendation but rather the risk I was prepared to take.

I've also whipped off the as supplied buttons and installed some hand-made antler ones. It looks rather cool if I may say so although the task has clearly left me a little deflated!!

SN200562.jpg

My only gripe is the stubby collar could be twice as high but guess that's a matter of taste. Certainly it is preferable to the 70's wing collar to be found the Swannie. Now if only BB would supply them as a half-zip hoodie!!

Cheers

K
I'd go for a half button hoodie (not so keen on zips). Your button mod looks good.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi Klench, i see yours does have a pocket button, which was one of my gripes with mine, did it come that way, or did you "mod" it.

I use the top pocket for my sak, and on my swanni the lanyard is secured with the button going through it, i may try to put a button the pocket.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
With pocket button.:D

For those who claim it is "too ginger" I suggest you grab even a handfull of late-winter leaf litter and compare.;)

Cheers

K

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I stitched my pocket into a pen/ penknife slot and a notebook slot as you can just see in the picture above. Mine didn't come with a button.

I also changed the buttons for reindeer antler.

Personally I'm glad it isn't a hoody as I hate hoods.

I'm currently trying to work out how to mod my Swannie from a hood to a stand up collar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE