Bison Bushcraft Guide shirt (with pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Got the boss lady to mod mine yesterday, with a button on the pocket. I am now looking at making my swanni ranger into the same sort of collar as the bison shirt. Anyone else done that ?.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
I do not own either and I am about to manufacture my own blanket hoody like Neil1's. I believe the Swanndri is Merino wool which I have a few items, base layer, jumper, hat and know it to be totally non-itchy.
Is the BB wool nice n soft for my sensitive, delicate ;) skin? Or is it like the old 'hairy Mary' KF shirt we used to get issued in the day which was like wearing a rough grade sand paper. However they did keep you nice n warm which was a bonus when doing basic training in the height of summer!

Craeg

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Ive just got a Bison Guide in a trade, and i gotta say, its **** loads better than a Swanni. The wool is far softer and thicker.

Paul

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Got the boss lady to mod mine yesterday, with a button on the pocket. I am now looking at making my swanni ranger into the same sort of collar as the bison shirt. Anyone else done that ?.

What's wrong with hoods dude?:yelrotflm

Cheers!

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring Guide Shirt.
This has been designed to have the feel of spring and show up as fresh young spring greens. I've taken the picture just now (a bit windy) with the grass in the background to show the colours.
SpringGuideshirt-1.jpg

Winter Guide Shirt. It's a dark olive colour, a shade darker than the old Swanni green.
DarkOliveGuideShirt-1.jpg

They'll be on my website soon, but you can order by phone if you wish.

Roger

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring Guide Shirt.
This has been designed to have the feel of spring and show up as fresh young spring greens. I've taken the picture just now (a bit windy) with the grass in the background to show the colours.
SpringGuideshirt-1.jpg

Winter Guide Shirt. It's a dark olive colour, a shade darker than the old Swanni green.
DarkOliveGuideShirt-1.jpg

They'll be on my website soon, but you can order by phone if you wish.

Roger

Excellent, they`ve arrived

Thanks for the heads up Roger

now where`s that wallet

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Seventy pounds for a shirt that keeps you warm? I think someone saw you coming.

It's all relative. I don't mind paying for a quality item made in the uk that has fewer transportation miles on it. You can easily pay more for a polyester fleece made in the far east that doesn't work as well and will melt if a spark hits it but does have some outdoor makers name on it.
If you can point me to a UK made shirt of similar quality for less please post a link.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Payday for me next week so I'll be ordering one methinks.

What is the fit like? Is it a baggy fit? I'm normally between a medium and a large. I'm thinking large to get layers under but I don't want to drown in it.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Spring Guide Shirt.
SpringGuideshirt-1.jpg

Roger

Looks like my autumn model after a 90o wash!

I like it but still would love to see you offer a hoody version.

Yes, guess I am persistent!

Well done for making available such a great piece of kit and, mindful of a recent Wayland post, one that has backwoods man written all over it.

Cheers!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Payday for me next week so I'll be ordering one methinks.

What is the fit like? Is it a baggy fit? I'm normally between a medium and a large. I'm thinking large to get layers under but I don't want to drown in it.

I'm a shade under 6' and my large size fits me fine. I normally only wear a merino base layer under it. Best bet if you are uncertain is to drop Bison an email.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks to Snufkin for posting this review and thanks to Roger at Bison for making sure I received my 'Guide Shirt' in time for the Christmas break. It is a cracking piece of kit, much comfier than the swannie. Worth every penny and as always, great service from Bison. :D

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked one up on the forum secondhand, and I agree they feel much comfier than the Swannies I've got. Less itchy and coarse, more soft and smooth but thicker with it.

My only gripe is the tightness of the cuffs, I've got womens wrists but it's still a bit on the tight side. Been meaning to try and do something with it for a while.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
SWMBO took the buttons off,attatched a strip of canvas tape 3cm long by 1cm wide and re-attatched the buttons! Button extentions!!
C da C.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...My only gripe is the tightness of the cuffs, I've got womens wrists but it's still a bit on the tight side..."

I find that the fit is fine, perhaps they have been watching the forums and have modified the design? :)

On my 'large' sized shirt the inner diameter of the cuff is somewhere between 230 and 235 mm.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE