Birthday present

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hi all, it's my Uncle's 70th birthday soon and he's into wood carving so I've done a carving knife for him and thought I'd share some particularly bad pics! :rolleyes: It's a full tang, just curious if anyone else has seen a full tang carver before or is this a daft idea? I did it to use up some mosaic pin as I figured he'd like that and stick tangs take me ages as they're not my forte...

This has a rounded spine so no sore thumb and is a full on scandi grind with no micro bevel, nearly full flat as the blade is so small and I do high bevels;

Photo0320.jpg

I sent him a larger knife for the heavier work as well, I did this one some time back and used it myself but thought it would be more useful to him.

Photo0328.jpg

The sheaths are a bit of a mish mash but I included one to transport a knife but don't think he will. They'll be sat in the workshop 99% of the time I think so I didn't put a lot of thought or time into them I'm afraid!

Photo0319.jpg

Thanks for looking, Chad

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
some great work there Chad...only just getting into knife making myelf, and started on a small arver/whittler from some scrap left over from a previous poject. keep up the great work coz that looks awesome. thanks for sharing...

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Boy, is he lucky to have a nephew like you ! ..........sure beats socks or hankerchiefs for a birthday prezzy.

It beats a pair of socks and a tie rack for sure! Gotta say though he taught me to fly fish, set me up with a sweet rod and reel when I was a teenager and gave me a cherished high powered rifle from his collection for my 16th birthday. The knives pale in comparison but it's better than a store bought item as you say!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
ooooooh aye!!!

those are lovely Chad,...

i like a high full on scandi,....i have the jig set to about 8 degrees i reckon,...and just leave it there,....

the handle on the second is a nice shape too,....

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE