bio-ethanol as alternative to meths for half-price

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Just re-checked the description, it says greater than or equal to 95% ethanol. Also says denatured. There's no indication of what the remaining 5% or less is. It does leave soot on the pots as per picture below. It does have a strong smell but not like meths.

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
I was doing a meths run the other day in Jim's cash and carry, which will draw a blank from anyone who lives north of Redruth.

Current prices: £1.50 x 500cl, £2.79 x 1l, £4.99 2l, £9.99 5l.

Next to the 5l of meths was a bottle of clear bio ethanol, either 2.5l or 3l for £2.49. I did ask the fella behind the counter if it could be used in a stove, but I think I must have been speaking Chinese at the time, as he could not grasp what I was asking him.

I'll be popping back to Jim's tomorrow :D

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I always trust your word on stoves Rik :notworthy. Ive been after it for a while and always assumed it was out of stock but apparently they keep it out the back so you needs to ask.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE