Bimble Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
This is my bimble bag setup.
It's made up of the Yugo bag with a few mods, it has a shoulder strap bought at a car boot for 50p and a para cord handle. I did not know how to do this but when I showed the good lady wife what I was after she replied oh I know how to do that.

eby4yryv.jpg

javybupu.jpg

I think she has done a good job

Here is the kit all unpacked

eruzupyn.jpg

This is the kit list:-
Czech poncho
Honey stove
White box stove
Meths bottle
Solid fuel hexi tabs
Slow match
Ferro rod
100' bank line
50' para cord
Head torch
DC 4 stone
Mora 911
Silva compass in leather pouch
TI Spork
NATO 1lt bottle
Crusader cup with hard cover
Rocco water bottle cover
Survival bag
Tinder box with char cloth
Jet scream whistle
Starflash signal mirror
Bandana
Kleenex tissues
Wound dressing

Not seen in the photos is a sail needle tapped to the knife sheath.

Below is a mod I made on the poncho so I can make it into a simple shelter

e4a8ymuz.jpg

And here is my crusader cup on the boil

u5asedeh.jpg

y6yna7yr.jpg

Thanks

Rick

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi the poncho is just one half of the Czech lavvu poncho. I just added the plastic grommet as a tie out point so I would not need to use a pole to support it if I can find a tree to tie it up with

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
How do you find the Czech poncho as both a shelter and raingear? I'm trying to put together a primitive tracking kit and actually have the lavvu... It would just be disheartening to undo all those buttons to find out it doesn't work as an overcoat :p thanks!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
How do you find the Czech poncho as both a shelter and raingear? I'm trying to put together a primitive tracking kit and actually have the lavvu... It would just be disheartening to undo all those buttons to find out it doesn't work as an overcoat :p thanks!

I'm the opposite mate. Bought the lavvu ages ago, and undid it all straight away
I'v never actually tried it in lavvu mode and can't face doin all them buttons up lol

Anywho, I wear the poncho all winter when I'm foxing and it works great for me
The hood isn't the best shape you've ever seen but it does the job

The best bits for me are
Being cotton it doesn't rustle, its also tough and warm, the arm holes are great for shouldering the rifle or keeping heat in/water out when its all buttoned up, I generally only do up two buttons though

HTH......adam

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
a poncho is one of my favorite bits of winter hunting kit

good bit of extra warmth for standing over a bait point, a ground sheet for prone shots
And if you only do up a couple of buttons you can just tuck the rifle under yer arm and cover up if its raining

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi tracker well I have the lavvu set up and I never unbutton it. I just have an extra poncho. But as said above it works great but the hood could be better, but I keep the hood down and just use a Aussiebush leather wide brimmed hat

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi, liking your setup and mods. Is that the same as the polish army lavvu? Just wondered what its like to camp out with one of the halves, does it give you good shelter? I've used the full lavvu and love it, only down side is weight!

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Barney

Must admit not slept out in this setup, but used as a poncho, but setup with wind at back of shelter it's nice and cosy. Think it would be fine unless it was very bad windy and rainy weather

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE