Biltong by mail order

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
If you like Biltong, may I recommend a local supplier to me in Heywood "Bobs Biltong" I seem to think us bushcrafters love the stuff after making an off the cuff comment at the last Middlewood meet about popping to the shop for some... (I left the site with almost £100 in orders).

Well here is a link to Bobs and may I thoroughly recommend the Chilli sticks and his Boerwors. No connection, just a happy customer :D

http://www.bobsbiltong.co.uk/

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
LOL I was hooked on the stuff by the time I got back from SA, found it hard, nigh on impossible to find over here, very pleased to see sellers popping up all over, and spreading North, thanks for the link.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
I posted a thread on here a while back on how to make biltong ill try dig it up when I get home and link to it so if you want to make your own you can see how easy it rely is. :)

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Thanks Karl82, found the thread, excuse me for linking to it before you got a chance, just thought it too good to pass up.

LINK

Where about in S.A are you from and when did you come to the U.K

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
There is a great south african store in weston-super Mare in Somerset that makes all there own biltong and its quite cheap . Great stuff used to buy a bit from there when I lived in the Mendips

Heres a link with some info, I think they do mail order as well http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3153302

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
+1 for Bob's Biltong.

Procters Sausages in Ipswich have been doing biltong mail order for years, too.

I may well have to pop into proctors when I go into town :)... I keep forgeting they do it, when I am in there, then regreat i did not pop in..

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
MMMM haven't had real tong in a while....and that just reminded me of my Asian upbringing.....as a kid in southeast Asia there was a dry pork snack I used to crave like I am now. DOH!!! :eek:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
LOL I was hooked on the stuff by the time I got back from SA, found it hard, nigh on impossible to find over here, very pleased to see sellers popping up all over, and spreading North, thanks for the link.

Ditto!!

I have family out there who we visited for a month over Xmas about 2004 and was given some to try and also been hooked ever since.

Nowadays I seem to prefer the snapstick variety from Biltongdirect.com however I do make my own full Biltong in my biltong box from time to time. I'm planning on getting a shelf dehydrator so I can make a big bulk of the snapsticks :)

A

Allseasons

making your own is much cheaper and you can make your own spice mixes..... making it yourself costs less than half the price of buying!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just been to Proctors Shop...mmmm

and Brought This...mmmmmmmm

2013-04-27 12.39.41.jpg

Had a quick piece and its lovely... just got to make it last until weekend.........

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Just been to Proctors Shop...mmmm

and Brought This...mmmmmmmm

View attachment 17552

Had a quick piece and its lovely... just got to make it last until weekend.........

Yummity, yum, yum, yum!
t2801.gif

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
just been to Proctors ready for the next two weekends spent just under £20

Two nice pieces of Biltong, one is Peri-peri, the other is original.... and three Dowars... yumyum

2013-05-30 12.06.13.jpg

I was speaking to the lady behind the counter, and she said when I want some just give the shop a call and I can pop round after work, but they shut at 5pm , but I cant get there until 5:30 during the week.. she said she'll wait till 6pm :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE