Biltong near Bracknell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
I bought a biltong maker, as a "rhodie" I miss the stuff.
I bought one only because it was a time saving, but a bulb, and a 240v 1200 or 80mm fan crom maplins is all you need really. Oh and a box with suitable hanging system and vents.
Really easy to make if you have the time. I didn't so I bought a " biltong maker". It works a treat, but is pricy.

The good thing about making home made biltong, is you can dry it like you want it. I like mine, rock hard and brittle. Last for donkeys and does not go mouldy.

If you like your soft and red/pink, then well, you can do that too.

Given the prices charged by suppliers, buying the fan (£6 from maplin) and bulbs/holder/cable etc..and a box etc, means you will make the cash back after a couple of batches.

Just don't do what I did.. which was buy a 3.5kg piece of silverside and make one big batch first off. I got the salting wrong first time, so make a smaller batch, first off. It will go further than you think. :)

Mmmmmm Biltong!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE