Billy can

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Size is dependant on what you intend cooking and for how many people.

Solo kit you can get away with 10cm zebra but I prefer a 12cm, for more people then you're looking at 14cm or 16cm.

As for other brands tatonka do good SS ones but I tend to use a nesting ali set I got for £15 and select the billy I need for the cooking I'm doing.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The 12cm zebra, is a good all rounder, it boils enough water for 2 to have a hot drink, & is big enough to take boil in the bag meals, & cooking for one. Like most on here I've had allsorts of pots & pans, & eventually settled on this one.
Try the charity shops, for the stainless steel tea caddy's, they're about the size of the 10cm zebra, & cost very little, I also take a stainless tea pot if there's a couple of us, again get these from charity shops.

Rob

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I used to have a 14cm zebra, but sold it. Too big for one, and too heavy. I've borrowed a friends 10cm one, it's just about ok for 1, but if you're hungry it may be a bit over full.

The zebra billy cans are very popular, but personally I prefer the Tatonka billy cans. I have the 1.0L and 1.6L. They nest inside each other, and you can use the lid as a frying pan if you want to. IMHO, a better design than the zebra.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE