Billhooks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
This is my earlier version. I believe the new x3’s are a different design.
I was speaking of a still older model apparently, that one has practically the same edge shape as the present version. The old one had more curve at the end so the edge there was at 90 deg to the main part.

Ed the Ted

Forager
Dec 13, 2013
Scotland
It might be worth contacting your local tools for self reliance group, not sure if there are any in lancashire but my dad started the groups in birmingham and malvern hills, they get donations of old tools, do them up and either sell them for money or post them (preferred, but you can imagine that its not very helpful to send thousands of imperial spanners) to certain projects in various African countries, I think about 5 or 6.

I can't remember if they had many billhooks in birmingham but now in worcester/herefordshire area they seem to have have soooo many, he always seems to have 5 or 6 that he is doing up to sell on, a variety of patterns and such like.

Maybe you have a local group that have some refurbs on offer.

B.L. craft

Jul 30, 2020
Chester, UK
I got given a Billhook by a customer of mine, It needs a new handle and restoring so that's a project for Spring, also have a vintage axe from the same person, again needs restoring both need a leather cover so another job.

Last time I used one was in Bavaria when clearing scrub making way for Sappers to build a shooting hide, part of the local hearts and minds projects we did in BAOR. That was the first and last time I used one I think whoever was the G10 storeman at the time needed a kick up the jacksie for not maintaining the edge on cutting tools.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE