Bilbo Baggins Pipe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I found this oddly satisfying to watch and I don't even smoke.

But I want a Pipe now.

[video=youtube;YOlHzEieV5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlHzEieV5Y[/video]

Quinlan

May 30, 2017
Haywards Heath
I found this oddly satisfying to watch and I don't even smoke.

But I want a Pipe now.

[video=youtube;YOlHzEieV5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlHzEieV5Y[/video]

Beautiful.
I want one too!
I am wondering if there is a less industrial way fo make them by hand. Imagine having the knowledge that you are holding in your hands is something that you've built on your own. Creation is beautiful!

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
Beautiful.
I want one too!
I am wondering if there is a less industrial way fo make them by hand. Imagine having the knowledge that you are holding in your hands is something that you've built on your own. Creation is beautiful!

I didn't see a single process in there that couldn't be achieved with hand tools, given the time and inclination.
the machinery was just speeding up the process, in some cases significantly (e.g. not spending hours sanding it to shape, because you can use a disk sander instead)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I quit smoking. I can remember my pipe years. I know there are kits on line, briar, you name it.
He's very good at sharpening his wood carving tools. That's half the skill in carving.

Couple of gouges, a Vee tool and a straight.
For me, Pfeil will run about $35 each (maybe 20BPS to you.)
Add a mallet and some water stones, strop, etc.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As I don't smoke I'll take one with an inbuilt vape canister.

Then I can stand on unmarked crossroads populated by lost tourists and when asked use the smoking pipe as my indicator!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE