biking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Wayne said:
the downside of a stupidly expensive mountain bike is that you cannot leave it anywhere. it takes me longer to lock it than ride to work.
:-D spend a grand getting the weight of the bike down by half a pound then you have to lug 2Kilo's of kryptonite chain around to tie it up ! Been there, done that. :-?

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
But if the forks move back then the chain has to stretch?
We were out last night and my friend snapped a crank arm! never known the likes snapped clean off, we had to tow him 3 or 4 miles back to the cars using a stick. Then packing the bikes up he trod on my glasses :evil:
Still made it to the pub early.
Rich :shock:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
alick said:
Andy said:
the power transefer is getting a lot better now with these propedal shocks. has anyone heard about the whtye bike with 6inches of travel for a trail bike
Yeah - designed by I think it was Stuart Whyte - he worked for a formula 1 race team as his day job. I've seen them but not ridden one. There's a second generation model out now. Reputed to be the smoothest ride on the block but not meant as an extreme down hiller. The forks move back as well as up when they hit a bump. Not cheap, but far from the dearest kit out there. Stocked by the Leisure Lakes chain.

the bike with 6 inches of travel doesn't have the telelever forks it have marerik carbon upsidedown forks. i thought it was Jon whyte in an interview he was quoted as saying MTB suspension is much harder to develope as the rider moves around. a driver stays in the same place.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Currently using an old Puegeot race bike for commute (13 miles each way into Central London - A3 gets interesting...), a Carrera MTB with front bouncers for off-road duathlons/triathlons and occasional trail riding, and - my pride and joy - 2-month old Pearsons carbon monocoque with campy Daytona 10-spd and Mavic Ksyriums for triathlon/time trialling.

I have just realised that that means sod all to most people.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Ooooh sounds flash. Sounds like it might get used too :biggthump
And thats a serious commute ! Rather you than me, especially into London.
I used to do 7 each way, but having just moved its about 4 now, 3 of which are off road :) my rush hour is just me pedaling faster :lol:
:notworthy
Rich

Quill

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 29, 2004
Wisconsin
I ride a MTB at times. I ride my motorcycle more often. In the summer only in the early morning or late evening. Full leathers and helmet get a little hot at 90degrees F. and above. I believe my motorcycle goes by Aquilla over your way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE