Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy 1st performance of MacBeth Day!
320px-Ellen_Terry_as_Lady_Macbeth.jpg

(Auntie Turbo crowns herself)

Pa rejoice as on this day in1606 - The first documented performance of Macbeth performed at the Great Hall at Hampton Court.
Macbeth (full title The Tragedy of Macbeth) is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare, and is considered one of his darkest and most powerful works. Set in Scotland, the play dramatizes the corrosive psychological and political effects produced when evil is chosen as a way to fulfill the ambition for power.
The play is believed to have been written between 1599 and 1606, and is most commonly dated 1606. The earliest account of a performance of what was probably Shakespeare's play is the Summer of 1606, when Simon Forman recorded seeing such a play at the Globe Theatre. It was first published in the Folio of 1623, possibly from a prompt book. It was most likely written during the reign of James I, who had been James VI of Scotland before he succeeded to the English throne in 1603. James was a patron of Shakespeare's acting company, and of all the plays Shakespeare wrote during James's reign, Macbeth most clearly reflects the playwright's relationship with the sovereign.
Macbeth is Shakespeare's shortest tragedy, and tells the story of a brave Scottish general named Macbeth who receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders King Duncan and takes the throne for himself. He is then wracked with guilt and paranoia, and he soon becomes a tyrannical ruler as he is forced to commit more and more murders to protect himself from enmity and suspicion. The bloodbath and consequent civil war swiftly take Macbeth and Lady Macbeth into the realms of arrogance, madness, and death.
Shakespeare's source for the tragedy is the account of King Macbeth of Scotland, Macduff, and Duncan in Holinshed's Chronicles (1587), a history of England, Scotland, and Ireland familiar to Shakespeare and his contemporaries, although the events in the play differ extensively from the history of the real Macbeth. In recent scholarship, the events of the tragedy are usually associated more closely with the execution of Henry Garnett for complicity in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605.
In the backstage world of theatre, some believe that the play is cursed, and will not mention its title aloud, referring to it instead as "the Scottish play". Over the course of many centuries, the play has attracted some of the most renowned actors to the roles of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. It has been adapted to film, television, opera, novels, comic books, and other media.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The gathering you went to, you said it was like a mini moot for scotts.

Macbeth day, Intresting, a play about a villian, primarily.

Enter the three Witches.

1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble; <----------------
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

http://www.beargryllsstore.com/usa/home/bear-grylls-9x-32mm-monocular.html
Also I've done it I've found you a Bear grylls monocular, but seeing your such a fan you must have seen it before.I've a question for you. His site has extreme backpacks and extreme camping, where's his extreme ironing section, there is no continuity, but I guess that's not in his make up. I just want a BG extreme ironing board cover for my next outing.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You'll be hard pressed to find a BG cover. See what I did there. I was quite into extreme ironing for a while but couldn't think of a place within my capabilities at the time to join in.
That was the Wooplaw Meet down in the Borders. Was good fun and met many strange and lovely folk.

I keep on meaning to write about optics or at least start a thread, it confuses folk heaps and it's basically pretty simple. Are you going to buy the BG monocular? Let me know how it is.

I do like Shakespeare and it's a pity so many folk are scared away by the language. It's well done and a lot of fun. Have you ever read Bill Bryson's biography about him? Very funny and informative and well worth a read.

'Till we two meet again!
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
OK, who can guess what movie I watched in the early hours this morning from this? (It's one of Brother Bobs faves though so he may guess quickly)

.--. --- .-.. .- .-. / -... . .- .-. / .--. --- .-.. .- .-. / -... . .- .-. / ... - .- -. -.. / -... -.-- / - --- -. .. --. .... -

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
OK, who can guess what movie I watched in the early hours this morning from this? (It's one of Brother Bobs faves though so he may guess quickly)

.--. --- .-.. .- .-. / -... . .- .-. / .--. --- .-.. .- .-. / -... . .- .-. / ... - .- -. -.. / -... -.-- / - --- -. .. --. .... -

No takers or are you all at the MOOT having fun, my code breaking chums!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
You'll be hard pressed

I keep on meaning to write about optics or at least start a thread, it confuses folk heaps and it's basically pretty simple. Are you going to buy the BG monocular? Let me know how it is.

'Till we two meet again!
GB.
Nope, gonna get the zoomable spyglass, good for bird watching with a 30x zoom, i should be able to see them whilst pirched up a tree !

The movie quote it has to be the magical compass or something, where theres a polar bear community

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Biker, on this day in 1896.

There were little more than a handful of petrol cars in Britain when labourer's wife Bridget Driscoll, 44, took a trip to the Crystal Palace, south-east London, on 17 August 1896.

_48768640_bridget_driscoll304 (304x171) (2).jpg

So she could be forgiven for being bewildered by Arthur Edsall's imported Roger-Benz which was part of a motoring exhibition taking place as she attended a Catholic League of the Cross fete with her 16-year-old daughter, May, and a friend.

But as the Times recalled 70 years later, when giving mention to a memorial service for Mrs Driscoll at her local church, hers was the misfortune of becoming the UK's first traffic fatality.

"At the inquest, Florence Ashmore, a domestic servant, gave evidence that the car went at a 'tremendous pace', like a fire engine - 'as fast as a good horse could gallop'," it read.

"The driver, working for the Anglo-French Motor Co, said that he was doing 4mph when he killed Mrs Driscoll and that he had rung his bell and shouted."

The car's maximum speed, the inquest heard, was 8mph but its speed had been deliberately limited.

One of Mr Edsell's two passengers during the exhibition ride, Ellen Standing, told the inquest she heard the driver shout "stand back" and then the car swerved - giving her a "peculiar sensation", according to a contemporary edition of Autocar.

Mrs Driscoll had hesitated in front of the car and seemed "bewildered" before being hit, the inquest heard.

Three of the German-manufactured, French-assembled cars were being demonstrated at the Dolphin Terrace, an area at the back of the palace, according to an edition of local paper the Norwood News published on 22 August 1896.

It reported May Driscoll as claiming the driver "did not seem to understand what he was doing" and that he had zig-zagged towards them.

"The car then swerved off, and [the] witness looked to see where it was, and it was then going over her mother. (Here witness broke down.) Her mother was knocked down, and the car was at once pulled up," the paper reported, in rather equine terms.

'No outrage'

However, there were conflicting reports about the speed and manner of Mr Edsall's driving and the jury returned an accidental death verdict.

He had been driving only three weeks at the time and - with no licence requirement - had been given no instruction as to which side of the road to keep to.

The Croydon Chronicle quoted one witness as saying "the machines made a great noise" but that he did not think it would drown out the tinkling of the alarm bell.

The era's matter-of-fact newspaper reports give no hint of public outrage or hysteria at the new menace.

Melvyn Harrison, of historical group the Crystal Palace Foundation, says people would have been simply bemused at the sight of these "horseless carriages".

"It was such a rare animal to be on the roads and, for her to be killed, people would have thought the story was made up," he says.

And as Jerry Savage, local history librarian at Upper Norwood Library, notes: "The Victorians had no real sense of health and safety. They would just sort of accept the death as what they would call a horrible tragedy."

Nonetheless, the National Motor Museum's libraries officer Patrick Collins admits there was "quite a lot of anti-car feeling" in the UK at the time.

"A lot of people didn't want drivers running around the country scaring horses," he explains, adding that there were fewer than 20 petrol cars in Britain at the time.

This was reflected in the rules of the road at the time. To the frustration of early drivers, the nation's first cars were subject to strict safety laws which had been designed for steam locomotives weighing up to 12 tonnes.

Red flags

Each vehicle was expected to have a team of three in control; the driver, the fireman - to stoke the engine - and the flagman, whose job was to walk 60 yards in front waving a red flag to warn horse-drawn traffic of the machine's approach.

The flag requirement was ditched in 1865 and the walking distance reduced to 20 yards, although speed limits of 2mph in towns and 4mph in the country remained in place.

Mrs Driscoll died just a few weeks after a new Parliamentary act - designed for the new and lighter petrol, electricity and steam-driven cars - raised the speed limit to 14mph, while the flagman role was scrapped altogether.

The coroner told her inquest that he hoped hers would be the last death in this sort of accident.

Little did he know how times would change over the following century, with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents estimating more than 550,000 people have been killed on Britain's roads since then.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Movie quote

"Ramatep were a fanatical group of religious followers of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. They were scorned by society because of their distortion of traditional religious beliefs and their violent and sadistic rituals. The Ramatep use a blow pipe and shoot a thorn into their chosen victim. The thorn is dipped into a solution made up of various plant and root extracts. When this solution enters the bloodstream, it causes the victim to experience very realistic, nightmare-like hallucinations."

Strangely bushy. A clue in the last two pages, but it is from an earlier time in the age of things, that should be obvious. See if you can get the clues, answers in the pipeline but I'll keep it under my hat for a while.

Hello bob and clk again

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Bummer and bad timing for you Cousin Pedro as I've been having a movie marathon of this chap of late. Since it's flukey I'll keep schtum for now.

Enjoyed the history Uncle Kelly, poor lady, the ignominy of not only being the first but at fourMPH! Oh dear (startled deer in the headlights more like!)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Pa! Happy Never Day!
Never_was_so_much_owed_by_so_m  any_to_so_few.jpg

Pa rejoice, as well as Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture opening in Moscow on this day in 1882 today saw Winston Churchill (MP for where I used to live) give one of his most famous speeches.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few was a wartime speech made by the British Prime Minister Winston Churchill on 20 August 1940. The name stems from the specific line in the speech, Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few, referring to the ongoing efforts of the Royal Air Force pilots who were at the time fighting the Battle of Britain, the pivotal air battle with the German Luftwaffe with Britain expecting a German invasion. The speech also refers to the aerial bombing campaign by RAF Bomber Command, although the speech is usually taken to only refer to Fighter Command. With the Battle of Britain won a few months later and German plans postponed, the Allied airmen of the battle ultimately became known as "The Few".

Churchill apparently first used his famous words upon his exit from the Battle of Britain Bunker at RAF Uxbridge on 16 August when visiting the No. 11 Group RAF Operations Room during a day of battle. Afterwards, Churchill told Major General Hastings Ismay, 'Don't speak to me, I have never been so moved'. After several minutes of silence he said, 'Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few'. The sentence would form the basis of his speech to the House of Commons on 20 August.

However, in 1954 "Pug" Ismay related an anecdote to publisher Rupert Hart-Davis; when Churchill and Ismay were

travelling together in a car, in which Winston rehearsed the speech he was to give in the House of Commons on 20 August 1940 after the Battle of Britain. When he came to the famous sentence, ‘Never in the history of mankind have so many owed so much to so few’, Ismay said 'What about Jesus and his disciples?' 'Good old Pug,’ said Winston' who immediately changed the wording to ‘Never in the field of human conflict....'.
The speech was given as the United Kingdom prepared for the expected German invasion. In it, Churchill tried to inspire his countrymen by pointing out that although the last several months had been a series of monumental defeats for the Allies, their situation was now much better than before. Churchill's argument was in fact correct; shortly thereafter the British won the battle, the first significant defeat for the hitherto unstoppable Wehrmacht.

This speech was a great inspiration to the embattled United Kingdom during what was probably its most dangerous phase of the entire war. Together with the three famous speeches that he gave during the period of the Battle of France (the "Blood, toil, tears, and sweat" speech of 13 May, the "We shall fight on the beaches" speech of 4 June and the "This was their finest hour" speech of 18 June), they form his most stirring rhetoric.

At the end of the speech, he introduced the first phase of the growing strategic alliance with the United States and referred to the coming agreement for establishing US bases on various British territories.

The speech is also well remembered for his use of the phrase "the few" to describe the Allied aircrew of Fighter Command of the RAF, whose desperate struggle gained the victory; "The Few" has come to be their nickname. It is clear that Churchill took his inspiration from various sources, including Hall and Shakespeare. Duff Cooper had also given a speech immediately before Churchill's which captured the essence of 'the few and the many', though nothing like as eloquently.

Excerpts

“ Rather more than a quarter of a year has passed since the new Government came into power in this country. What a cataract of disaster has poured out upon us since then!… Meanwhile, we have not only fortified our hearts but our Island. We have rearmed and rebuilt our armies in a degree which would have been deemed impossible a few months ago.… The whole Island bristles against invaders, from the sea or from the air. …the stronger our Army at home, the larger must the invading expedition be, and the larger the invading expedition, the less difficult will be the task of the Navy in detecting its assembly and in intercepting and destroying it in passage; and the greater also would be the difficulty of feeding and supplying the invaders if ever they landed… Our Navy is far stronger than it was at the beginning of the war. The great flow of new construction set on foot at the outbreak is now beginning to come in. ”
“ Why do I say all this? Not, assuredly, to boast; not, assuredly, to give the slightest countenance to complacency. The dangers we face are still enormous, but so are our advantages and resources. I recount them because the people have a right to know that there are solid grounds for the confidence which we feel, and that we have good reason to believe ourselves capable, as I said in a very dark hour two months ago, of continuing the war "if necessary alone, if necessary for years. ”
“ The great air battle which has been in progress over this Island for the last few weeks has recently attained a high intensity. It is too soon to attempt to assign limits either to its scale or to its duration. We must certainly expect that greater efforts will be made by the enemy than any he has so far put forth.… It is quite plain that Herr Hitler could not admit defeat in his air attack on Great Britain without sustaining most serious injury. If after all his boastings and bloodcurdling threats and lurid accounts trumpeted round the world of the damage he has inflicted, of the vast numbers of our Air Force he has shot down, so he says, with so little loss to himself …if after all this his whole air onslaught were forced after a while tamely to peter out, the Fuhrer's reputation for veracity of statement might be seriously impugned. We may be sure, therefore, that he will continue as long as he has the strength to do so… ”
“ …It must also be remembered that all the enemy machines and pilots which are shot down over our Island, or over the seas which surround it, are either destroyed or captured; whereas a considerable proportion of our machines, and also of our pilots, are saved, and soon again in many cases come into action.… We believe that we shall be able to continue the air struggle indefinitely and as long as the enemy pleases, and the longer it continues the more rapid will be our approach, first towards that parity, and then into that superiority, in the air upon which in a large measure the decision of the war depends. ”
“ The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the British airmen who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the World War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. All hearts go out to the fighter pilots, whose brilliant actions we see with our own eyes day after day, but we must never forget that all the time, night after night, month after month, our bomber squadrons travel far into Germany, find their targets in the darkness by the highest navigational skill, aim their attacks, often under the heaviest fire, often with serious loss, with deliberate, careful discrimination, and inflict shattering blows upon the whole of the technical and war-making structure of the Nazi power. On no part of the Royal Air Force does the weight of the war fall more heavily than on the daylight bombers who will play an invaluable part in the case of invasion and whose unflinching zeal it has been necessary in the meanwhile on numerous occasions to restrain… ”
“ A good many people have written to me to ask me to make on this occasion a fuller statement of our war aims, and of the kind of peace we wish to make after the war, than is contained in the very considerable declaration which was made early in the autumn.… I do not think it would be wise at this moment, while the battle rages and the war is still perhaps only in its earlier stage, to embark upon elaborate speculations about the future shape which should be given to Europe… But before we can undertake the task of rebuilding we have not only to be convinced ourselves, but we have to convince all other countries that the Nazi tyranny is going to be finally broken. The right to guide the course of world history is the noblest prize of victory. We are still toiling up the hill; we have not yet reached the crest-line of it; we cannot survey the landscape or even imagine what its condition will be when that longed-for morning comes. The task which lies before us immediately is at once more practical, more simple and more stern.… For the rest, we have to gain the victory. That is our task. ”
“ …Some months ago we came to the conclusion that the interests of the United States and of the British Empire both required that the United States should have facilities for the naval and air defence of the Western Hemisphere against the attack of a Nazi power… We had therefore decided spontaneously, and without being asked or offered any inducement, to inform the Government of the United States that we would be glad to place such defence facilities at their disposal by leasing suitable sites in our Transatlantic possessions for their greater security against the unmeasured dangers of the future.… His Majesty's Government are entirely willing to accord defence facilities to the United States on a 99 years' leasehold basis… Undoubtedly this process means that these two great organisations of the English-speaking democracies, the British Empire and the United States, will have to be somewhat mixed up together in some of their affairs for mutual and general advantage. For my own part, looking out upon the future, I do not view the process with any misgivings. I could not stop it if I wished; no one can stop it. Like the Mississippi, it just keeps rolling along. Let it roll. Let it roll on full flood, inexorable, irresistible, benignant, to broader lands and better days.

[video=youtube;Y0t-RqjMH-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0t-RqjMH-A[/video]​

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Pa! OK Not this day in history day!
Winnie_14_inch_gun_St_Margaret  _March_1941_IWM_H_7918.jpg
OK, Maybe not on this day in history but in August 1940 this little known part of WWII history started shooting back.

Having successfully withdrawn in the Dunkirk evacuation and winning the Battle of Britain, the British did not have an immediate answer to this threat, but the high ground to either side of the Port of Dover was fortified on the personal order of Prime Minister Winston Churchill (who had visited to see the situation in person), and large calibre guns dug in there. The only British cross-Channel guns already in place were Winnie (named after Churchill) and – later in 1940 – Pooh (named after the story book character Winnie the Pooh who in turn was named after "Winnipeg" the bear at the London Zoo.). These were two 14 inch (35.6 cm) guns positioned behind St Margaret's. They were spares taken from the stock of guns of the battleship King George V. One used a mounting from HMS Furious and the other a mounting from a test range; neither was turret-mounted. They were operated from a separate firing-control room, and manned by 25 men of the Royal Marine Siege Regiment. These boosted morale – Winnie fired Britain's first shell onto continental Europe in August 1940 – but were slow and ineffectual compared to the German guns. They attacked the German guns (though they were too inaccurate and slow to fire on ships), and were protected from German aerial attack by anti-aircraft emplacements. Their separate and well-camouflaged cordite and shell magazines were buried under deep layers of earth and connected to the guns by railway lines.

Due to these guns' lack of success in targeting shipping, Churchill ordered three new heavy gun batteries to be built in Dover and manned by the Royal Artillery for that purpose:

Three 6 in guns (15.2 cm) with a range of 25,000 yards (23,000 m), at Fan Bay Battery
Four 9.2 in (23.4 cm) guns with a range of 31,000 yards (28,000 m) at South Foreland Battery
Two 15 in (38.1cm) guns with a range of 42,000 yards (38,000 m) at Wanstone Battery, known as Clem (after Clementine Churchill) and Jane (after the pin-up).
These were later joined by Lydden Spout Battery. Also, three BL 13.5-inch (342.9 mm) Mk V naval guns from the First World War (named Gladiator, Sceneshifter and Peacemaker) were brought out of retirement in 1939 and mounted on railway chassis.

The British coast batteries sank:

Pentiver, 2.382 BRT, 02.03.1943
Livadia 3.094 BRT, 04.10.1943
Munsterland 6.315 BRT, 20.01.1944
Recum 5.500 BRT, 20.03.1944
S.184(sunk 05.09.1944 by its own troops!)
"Hellfire Corner"[edit]
This gunnery duel, along with heavy German shelling and bombing of Dover strait and the Dover area, led to this stretch of the Channel being nicknamed Hellfire Corner and led to 3,059 alerts, 216 civilian deaths, and damage to 10,056 premises in the Dover area.

British coastal convoys, by necessity, had to pass through the bottleneck of Dover strait to transport essential supplies, particularly coal; Britain's road and rail network was not then able to cope with the volume of traffic that had to be handled. Although the German guns regularly fired on these slow moving convoys from 1940 to 1944 with an interlude in 1943, they only sank two ships and damaged several others. Two seamen were killed and others were injured by shell splinters from near misses. However, the civilian crews of the merchant ships found the shelling more unnerving than the attacks by aircraft or E-boats that they were also subjected to, and there were instances of crews refusing to sail from their forming-up point at Southend-on-Sea on account of the German guns.

The "Channel Dash"[edit]
Main article: Channel Dash
On 11 February 1942, the German battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen and more than twenty smaller escort vessels, sailed from Brest in Brittany to their home port of Wilhelmshaven by an audacious dash through the English Channel, codenamed Operation Cerberus. Due to poor visibility and a number of communication failures by British forces, the first response to the German squadron was by the 9.2 inch guns of the South Foreland Battery, which were the only guns which could be directed by radar; however the 10 centimetre K band set had only recently been installed and had never been used in conjunction with the guns. As the visibility was only 5-mile (8.0 km), it was hoped that the radar would be able to register the splashes as the shells landed so that the guns would be able to correct their aim, but nothing was detected. After firing three two-gun salvoes without being able to detect the "fall of shot" - the shells were actually landing almost a mile astern of the main German ships - it was decided to fire full salvoes using only the ranging information from the radar. After 6 minutes of rapid firing, the last shots were fired at a range of 30,000-yard (27,000 m); none of the 33 shells fired came close to the German units. A minute before the last shots were fired, South Foreland came under counter-battery fire from across the Channel, but no major damage was sustained.

Final duels
On 26 September 1944, the last day of shelling, during the Anglo-Canadian operation to capture Calais, fifty shells were fired, killing five people, the last of whom was 63 year-old Patience Ransley, killed by a shell from the Lindemann Battery while sheltering in the 900-foot (270 m) long "Barwick's Cave" reinforced cliff tunnel.[10] Accurate bombardment however from the British heavy guns at Dover was effective and disabled the Batterie Grosser Kurfurst at Floringzelle, thus ending the duels.
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1986-104-10A%2C_Atlantikwall%2C_Batteri  e_%22Todt%22.jpg

The "Two Men in a Trench" chaps did a nice wee program on it if you've half an hour to spare".

[video=youtube;rUnTjxYDqgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUnTjxYDqgY[/video]

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Gosh, Winnie was SUCH a brilliant wordsmith :D Much like your good self, young nephew.... I really appreciate the knowledge and interest I find in everyones thoughts on this thread. I don't have anything worth offering apart from heartfelt gratitude that you share these gems with us x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE