Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
And Howard has always got Raj as a backup. A wingman meant something else when I was that age.

[video=youtube;MuTDuXLSqTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuTDuXLSqTc[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy Pluto Day!

On this day in 2006 - The International Astronomical Union (IAU) redefines the term "planet" such that Pluto is considered a Dwarf Planet.
The definition of planet set in 2006 by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) states that, in the Solar System, a planet is a celestial body which:

1. is in orbit around the Sun,
  2. has sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape), and
  3. has "cleared the neighbourhood" around its orbit.
A non-satellite body fulfilling only the first two of these criteria is classified as a "dwarf planet". According to the IAU, "planets and dwarf planets are two distinct classes of objects". A non-satellite body fulfilling only the first criterion is termed a "small Solar System body" (SSSB). Initial drafts planned to include dwarf planets as a subcategory of planets, but because this could potentially have led to the addition of several dozens of planets into the Solar System, this draft was eventually dropped. The definition was a controversial one and has drawn both support and criticism from different astronomers, but has remained in use.
According to the definition, there are currently eight planets and five dwarf planets known in the Solar System. The definition distinguishes planets from smaller bodies and is not useful outside the Solar System, where smaller bodies cannot be found yet. Extrasolar planets, or exoplanets, are covered separately under a complementary 2003 draft guideline for the definition of planets, which distinguishes them from dwarf stars, which are larger.

Birthdays
1113 - Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou, France, conquered Normandy (d. 1151)
1198 - King Alexander II of Scotland (d. 1249)
1210 - Floris IV, Count of Holland
1358 - King John I of Castile (d. 1390)
1393 - Arthur III, Duke of Brittany (d. 1458)
1934 - Kenny Baker, actor (R2D2-Star Wars)
1948 - Jean-Michel Jarre, French musician
1957 - Stephen Fry, English comedian and actor
1961 - Colin Angus, Scottish pop musician (Shamen, Ebeneezer Goode)
1964 - Pebbles, rock vocalist (Girlfriend)
1988 - Rupert Grint, Hertfordshire England, English actor ( Harry Potter)
Deaths
1595 - Thomas Digges, English astronomer (Universe Infinite)
1967 - Henry J. Kaiser, industrialist (Boulder Dam, Liberty ship), dies at 85
2003 - Sir Wilfred Thesiger, British explorer (b. 1910)

[video=youtube;YFJdUJg4wOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk[/video]

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Cheers Bob, always nice to see a good cartoon in the morning. You off walking today?

Yeah heading down to the Greenock cut today, Picking Dad up so he can fish up at Loch Thom while I go for a bimble.
It was sad that they down graded Pluto to a minor planet:sulkoff:
Bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah heading down to the Greenock cut today, Picking Dad up so he can fish up at Loch Thom while I go for a bimble.
It was sad that they down graded Pluto to a minor planet:sulkoff:
Bob

It'll always be a planet to us!

Should be a good day, I'd be taking the waterproofs though. Still get to try your new Paramo:)

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Do I wear my all-day rain pants which can get a bit stick if it's clammy or do I go for normal trousers and carry my paramos as over trousers if it rains, which would be way warmer if I had to use them. oh the decisions and I've only had 1
2dqmrrm.gif

Bob
It'll always be a planet to us!

Should be a good day, I'd be taking the waterproofs though. Still get to try your new Paramo:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think it may be a Paramo trs day as it's supposed to be heavy I think.

What 7:30 and you've only had ONE CUP?!?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Do I wear my all-day rain pants which can get a bit stick if it's clammy or do I go for normal trousers and carry my paramos as over trousers if it rains, which would be way warmer if I had to use them. oh the decisions and I've only had 1
2dqmrrm.gif

Bob

Enjoy your walk Bob. We're having friends over for dinner this evening, so I'll be spending this afternoon cooking.

1967 August 24 - .

Agreement on protecting the earth from contamination by Apollo samples - . Nation: USA. Related Persons: Webb. Program: Apollo. An interagency agreement on protecting the earth's biosphere from lunar sources of contamination was signed by James E. Webb, NASA; John W. Gardiner, HEW; Orville L. Freeman, Department of Agriculture; Stewart L. Udall, Department of Interior; and Frederick Seitz, National Academy of Sciences. The agreement established a committee to advise the NASA Administrator on back contamination and the protection of the biological and chemical integrity of lunar samples, on when and how astronauts and lunar samples might be released from quarantine, and on policy matters.

View attachment 21570

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye Bob hope you and your Dad have fun. (Do you think he'll catch anything?)

What you cooking for your guests Colin?

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Why would he change a habit if a life time:lmao:
What ever the Wheelhouse is serving.
Bob
Aye Bob hope you and your Dad have fun. (Do you think he'll catch anything?)

What you cooking for your guests Colin?

Ooopps Should have read the post before thought that was Colin (GB) asking me .

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Why would he change a habit if a life time:lmao:
What ever the Wheelhouse is serving.
Bob

LOL I was asking Colin what he was cooking, confusing when we're both called Colin I suppose Should've stuck to calling him POSH. So it'll be foie gras and caviar for starters no doubt.

Is the Wheelhouse a good Café? - Wont be as nice as the "Wee Bleather" what a find that place is.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Nah it's a Hungry Monk at Langbank it's Allan's birthday so heading there for Dinner after.
Nah won't be as good as the Wee Blether but the food is good and reasonable.
bob
LOL I was asking Colin what he was cooking, confusing when we're both called Colin I suppose Should've stuck to calling him POSH. So it'll be foie gras and caviar for starters no doubt.

Is the Wheelhouse a good Café? - Wont be as nice as the "Wee Bleather" what a find that place is.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nah it's a Hungry Monk at Langbank it's Allan's birthday so heading there for Dinner after.
Nah won't be as good as the Wee Blether but the food is good and reasonable.
bob

Had a wee look at their menu, some decent sounding dishes on it, certainly a couple I'd eat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE