Bike Kit

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I am looking to put together a day kit i can use when on my bike, I was thinking hydration baldder/water bottles, repair kit for bike, first aid kit, small fire lighting kit and maybe a brew kit and hexi stove if i stop:)

Any ideas or help?

many thanks :D

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hmm, how about a pack away windproof, or even a poncho (though I'm not sure how practical it is on a bike hehheh). And one of those foil emergency blankets, spare batteries for the lights and spare pair of socks (double as makeshift gloves if needs be)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I ride with gloves and have my phone with me but a charger is a good idea, although i normally turn it off until im using it:)
Ill add a emergency blanket but poncho may not work, although the pac-a-mac jackets might be useful :D

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
You can get bottle cages which will accomodate the big 1.5 ltr pop bottles. I can't find a link just now but they are certainly out there.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bilmo, have a chat with Sapper1 (Chris). He travels to all of our S.Wales meets on his moped and seems to have as much gear as I do in my car! He's obviously got one of those magic bottomless rucksacks...!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I also go out for overnighters on my mountain bike with full kit all in a 20L rucksack.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
O.K. here we go.
The only extra things I carry when on the pedal bike is a topeak alien 3 multitool and a cooltool with a puncture outfit.all this fits into a pouch under the saddle,the pump fits onto the frame.If I can't repair my bike with this kit then it needs major repairs in a full workshop with a welder.
AS for over night kit for staying out:
Dossbag and liner
cook kit
tarp
kipmat
groundsheet
food
3 litre camelbak unbottle
knife
saw
wash kit
head light
ipod

That sees me for a nice comfortable night out,for a full weekend I'd take extra food and a water filter .
It all comes down to knowing your kit works and how much you don't need.

Edited to add FAK

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I put all my stuff in a set os small 25 panniers on my mountain bike, which i normally pack for day trips. That aaid you can get a lot of stuff in if you plan it, although it pays to have smaller kit

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Montain Velo

It isn't waterproof. However it is tiny, ultralight and completely windproof. So small it goes a cycling jersey pocket. so you always have it with you. Breathes very well, so you can wear it while cycling.

Having a windproof jacket can make the difference between getting hypothermic and having an enjoyable trip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE