Big Cat Hunt on in Essex. And BOY is is a....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
All the local private collections would have been checked out last night along with the local zoo.
As for the circus only haveing tigers well if it was theres they were raising to use in a new act they arnt going to admit its theres.
If it is a lion it will be shot on site by armed police as I have not heard of local vet or zoo workers with tranquilizers being deployed.

The very first link JD posted says zoo workers are searching with tranquilizer guns,

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Essex? My money's on it being a snow leopard with a spray tan and hair extensions.

That comment sprayed Dr Pepper over my monitor, Thanks!

So, one of our Essex members might soon be posting

"For sale or swap. Lion skin. Untanned. One small hole..."

Or the surviving relatives offering. Human skin, untanned, few holes, bottom half covered in excrement.

Judging by that photo I'd say that 2 million percent a Lion. (can you even get 1 million percent? ... hmmm maybe in Essex)

It'd be interesting to see how this story pans out, just hope no one gets mauled in the process. Whatever, you know the clock is ticking for this Lion.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
So much for the bushcrafters motto ..

"No need to be afraid of the dark, you're the scariest thing out there"

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
The Telegraph
"One of the pictures shown to police who had thought they had seen a lion".

However it looks nothing like cat in the picture posted by Mesquite ??? 7pm what time does it get dark down south?

lion_2320757b.jpg

I thought Lions had round ears these looks a bit to pointed and the head looks a bit too large for the body, the colour looks a bit foxy with the pale collor. Any one lost a maine coon cat.?

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Telegraph
One of the pictures shown to police who had thought they had seen a lion

lion_2320757b.jpg

I thought Lions had round ears these looks a bit to pointed and the head looks a bit too large for the body, the colour looks a bit foxy with the pale collor. Any one lost a main coon cat.?

ozlion.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The Telegraph
One of the pictures shown to police who had thought they had seen a lion

lion_2320757b.jpg

I thought Lions had round ears these looks a bit to pointed and the head looks a bit too large for the body, the colour looks a bit foxy with the pale collor. Any one lost a main coon cat.?

well whatever it is it looks fairly smiley :lmao:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I was just wondering that. Imagine peering out of your hammock after hearing something breath heavily near by or rummaging in your bag and then you see a lion. Not much you could do all tied up in a hammock.

Thats why you should always go bushcrafting with someone with shorter legs than you.

Hi All,

Just seen this on the news, I was reading the 'Fear of the dark' thread last night and this article caught my eye.

Next time something goes bump in the dark when Im out, I am sure it will be a lot harder to control my wild imagination now :)

You could always try some 'shock therapy' by taking along your MP4 player and watching the opening sequence of Dog Soldiers, whilst in your tent at dusk.:evilangel:

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
The search has been called off now apparently. The police have spoken to Colchester zoo which have accounted for their animals and the circus that was in town does not have any lions. The police have even said it may have been a hoax. Are there any other photographs of the animal as yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE