BG soon to be richest man in UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
The monocle and Hawaiian shirt maybe but seriously! I really don’t think that someone that free-felled onto the top of Mount Everest in a wheelchair, swam the Amazon smeared in Sheep’s blood and went to a Rangers home game wearing a Celtic shirt would ever be seen dead in camouflaged speedos regardless of how much they were paying him.

DB

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I see no proof hes gonna be the richest man in the UK anywhere on the thread. I highly highly doubt that. No chance in fact. Wouldnt even make the sunday times rich list IMO. Probably nowhere near.....

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Hmmm.. Makes me think this would probably be a good time for him to retire and go and enjoy all his fortune... Somewhere that's not the UK and preferably has no international media broadcasting capabilities...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Damn it Dave! You've ruined this thread for me now! LOL!

I've now had to start a 'Just Giving' page and a BCUK Disasters Emergency Committee thread entitled 'please give generously- Bear Grylls early retirement fund'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Enter the pedant... richest man in the UK is Len Blavatnik and Bear is far far behind him... but I have to agree with the sentiment behind the original post. If he could say to himself that he's earned enough maybe we wouldn't be looking at his face on our screens much longer.

Being unfair as I think he's a nice chap... just that he does some stupid stuff and given his position its perhaps a bit irresponsible. But what he has, he's earned... just not the way I'd choose to earn it.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
I had to google it. it's in French, i dont speak French but i understand complete ******** when i hear it.

[video=youtube;XFQI0kSAD2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFQI0kSAD2Q[/video]

he could have washed his face before the photo shoot .

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Does anyone else think he minds them of Damian Day in Drop the Dead Donkey ?

M

Hehe! Yes, very much so, and not just facialy either. Could be brothers in action in my head.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

matt_uk

Oct 16, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
Last thing I saw was him making a bunch of 'celebrities' **** in bottles and drink it. For that alone, all sins are forgiven ;)

I'll second that vote ... bloke seems like he's up for a good laugh and bugger me if he can make cash whilst doing it why not!

As regards the tat... At least it'll be hard to loose if you put it down in the undergrowth and most of us will need an improvised hammer at some point or another.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
the Daily Mail will have a field day with this

its all fun until someone looses an eye....

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
OK, here goes.
IMHO he is an utter prat, going caving in Wilsons/Long churn in ordinary clothes and with no helmet and a hand held torch on mainstream TV. Hilarious, really very good, just thank your lucky stars it isnt your kids who will try to emulate him or you that will be called to rescue them.
As for the comments about avalanches on the footage of him climbing (next to a big fat rope hanging down the face) I shall restrain myself.
As the face of scouting or outdoors adventure or whatever surely there is some responsibility to model good safe practice ?
how many of the parents here would want their kids mountain biking, abseiling and caving without a helmet ?
End of rant, getting my coat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE