BG soon to be richest man in UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Now first off I am a fan of the Bear but I feel he is starting taking over a bit. TV shows, fair enough. Clothing and equipment lines ok.
In cohorts with Gerber, why not. But now hes gone too far. Yesterday I bought an Airgun Magazine as I do about every decade just to see how the sport has changed when blow me theres a page offering BG air rifle sets such as 'Adventure Survival Set' and 'Survival Pistol Set'.
Enough I say, surely he must be rich enough by now let alone spending his time knocking around with Hollywoods finest totty.
Probably just jealous eh.
Riven.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Endorsing a six foot pound air pistol as a survival tool - or even as a hunting tool - shows a woeful lack of good sense. The man should not have put his name to that

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I'd have though it unlikely Bear does any of the actual endorsement stuff, it'll be his agent and the idea that 'good sense' comes anywhere near the decision making chain shows a woeful lack of cynicism ;)

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
I generally prefer uncle Ray's ethos and style of programming, Bear is entertaining but a bit too 'Hollywood' for me. That said, I can't knock the fella, he seems to know his onions and has been very successful at what he does. If he inspires more kids to shift from the xbox and get outdoors, all the better - the ones who really enjoy it will find further information sources to add a bit more respect and care of the natural environment later.

I don't think I could turn down stacks of extremely easy money for endorsements / branding, given the opportunity. I haven't used any of 'his' products though I'm sure opinions vary however they look better than a lot of the celebrity endorsed tat we see every day. Just wait for the aftershave - £30 a bottle to smell like testeronific lions p!$$ ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Endorsing a six foot pound air pistol as a survival tool - or even as a hunting tool - shows a woeful lack of good sense. The man should not have put his name to that

But Hugh it's so tasteful and pretty...

bear-grylls-adventure-rifle-combo-2336.jpg
Gamo in Spain, and Bear Grylls have teamed up to put together some great combos for a limited time only.This Adventure Set consists of a Gamo Shadow DX rifle with a customized Bear Grylls Stock, along with a tin of Bear Grylls Soft Point pellets, and a a pack of Bear Grylls targets.
The rifle is full power so if you're using it for target shooting, or hunting, its up to the job.
The set is ideal for the Bear Grylls enthusiast, and makes an ideal present or gift.
bear-grylls-p-900-pistol-combo-3442.jpg

​Please, please be aware that I was firmly taking the Mick when I said that.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Dunno about unsuitable for hunting small game. True, I'd only use a full-power (in UK that's 12ft/lbs) for hunting. But a rabbits skull is very fragile - apparently 1-2ft/lb at impact is sufficient for an instant kill. Ditto pigeon skull. In an emergency, a 6lb-ft air-pistol is a lot better than nothing!

Gamo weapons have come a long way since their earliest attempts (as most of the airgun magazines will attest). Again, not as good as an Airwolf, but then it doesn't cost £1200!

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I had to google it. it's in French, i dont speak French but i understand complete ******** when i hear it.

[video=youtube;XFQI0kSAD2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFQI0kSAD2Q[/video]

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In an emergency, a 6lb-ft air-pistol is a lot better than nothing!

It is not however the tool that anyone should / would select for an emergency. It is only 6ft lb at the muzzle with a woeful sight radius. Its a stupid thing to badge as a survival tool

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
But why!? Surely the americans should now be spending all their money on overweight northern blokes, rather than eton types, what with Game of Thrones topping the charts.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Now first off I am a fan of the Bear but I feel he is starting taking over a bit. TV shows, fair enough. Clothing and equipment lines ok.
In cohorts with Gerber, why not. But now hes gone too far. Yesterday I bought an Airgun Magazine as I do about every decade just to see how the sport has changed when blow me theres a page offering BG air rifle sets such as 'Adventure Survival Set' and 'Survival Pistol Set'.
Enough I say, surely he must be rich enough by now let alone spending his time knocking around with Hollywoods finest totty.
Probably just jealous eh.
Riven.
Hmmm.. Makes me think this would probably be a good time for him to retire and go and enjoy all his fortune... Somewhere that's not the UK and preferably has no international media broadcasting capabilities...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm sure he's more concerned with spiritual riches than earthly ones as witnessed by the thorough, well thought out and responsible way he treats his subject matter, just as the figurehead of Scouting in the UK should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE