better a dog you love and know than a sheep you've never met.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Well friends, the dog moulting season is here with a vengeance and here is my hypocritical challenge. Hypocritical in that I am not going to take part but still a challenge as i know a few of you will be tempted.

I challenge anybody to collect their dog moult, card it, spin it into wool like material and then knit something from it. I saw a book once called knitting with dog hair on this subject. Feel free to make collaberative efforts. If you dont have a dog but are into spinning, carding knitting etc get in touch with a husky owner.

I wonder if this thread will dissapear or if someone will take up the challenge.

Cheers
Jamie :eek:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I think I may struggle.... :bluThinki

Ruby25122006.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
We recently sheared our sheepdog with the clippers and a number 4 guard, theres no way I wan't to see that fur again, I could have made three terriers with it.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ceartainly been to craft fairs with clothing made of dog hair.
Never tried it myself but my Golden Retriever sheds a bucketfull easily.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
fred gordon said:
Stew, thats a beautiful dog. Did you knit it yourself? :lmao:
Ha ha :lmao:

I'm even more delighted to learn that there's a book in existence on how to knit
with dog hair than I was to discover a whole book on the Arial font. What things
people find to write about :)

Has anyone tried it with cats?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE