Bet I'm way behind here.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I think this came out last year, but I watched this at a friend's house the other night and couldn't believe how good it was.
It's pretty dark, but some great stuff in there.
[video=youtube_share;vW6W36-oWCU]http://youtu.be/vW6W36-oWCU[/video]

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Great film, funnily enough I watched it again yesterday after someone posted a picture of the pack he uses in the film on the Ray Mears pack thread and it reminded me how good the film is :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Oh man! I never knew it was a film about a backpack. I was concentrating too much on the thylacine. Gonna have to re-watch it.

Haha ......................speaking of Thylacines, there have been reports of sightings in Southern Australia over the last decade or so & although the video & photo evidence is a little ' unclonclusive' the witness reports, scats & tracks are relatively believable,(certainly more so than some of the big cats sightings in the UK) there has even been been some scat & fur DNA'd & although & few private laboratories have positively ID them as Thylacine, the state run labs have concluded it is dog..:rolleyes:
Without getting into conspiracy theories & government cover-ups...............should the Thylacine be declared no longer extinct & because it would be a protected species,large areas of land would have to be set aside for it's presevation as well as goverment money for it's protection. Needless to say, there are quite a few influencial people who would prefer it didn't happen.
It 's a nice to imagine though that there were some specimens that survived the massacre & that their descendants are roaming the Aussie hills.

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Haha ......................speaking of Thylacines, there have been reports of sightings in Southern Australia over the last decade or so & although the video & photo evidence is a little ' unclonclusive' the witness reports, scats & tracks are relatively believable,(certainly more so that the reports of big cats in the UK) there has even been been some scat & fur DNA'd & although & few private labatories have positively ID them as Thylacine, the state run labs have concluded it is dog..:rolleyes:
Without getting into conspiracy theories & government cover-ups...............should the Thylacine be declared no longer extinct & because it would be a protected species,large areas of land would have to be set aside for it's presevation as well as goverment money for it's protection. Needless to say, there are quite a few influencial people who would prefer it didn't happen.
It 's a nice to imagine though that there were some specimens that survived the massacre & that their descendants are roaming the Aussie hills.

It's a big place and there's still things to be discovered, that's for sure.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
If any one has 48 mins to spare, this programme is quite interesting even though it is to be taken with a pinch of salt as it is rather 'real tv ish'

[video=youtube_share;N-Dm9HbMyQw]http://youtu.be/N-Dm9HbMyQw[/video]

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Haha ......................speaking of Thylacines, there have been reports of sightings in Southern Australia over the last decade or so & although the video & photo evidence is a little ' unclonclusive' the witness reports, scats & tracks are relatively believable,(certainly more so than some of the big cats sightings in the UK) there has even been been some scat & fur DNA'd & although & few private laboratories have positively ID them as Thylacine, the state run labs have concluded it is dog..:rolleyes:
What massacre? Thylacine were wiped on the the mainland by competition - from dingoes.

I don't think it is clear if it was shooting by farmers or loss of habitat that wiped them on out Tassie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE