Best water purifier.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scipio

May 1, 2011
Reading
Hi folks,

I`m looking to invest in a water purification system to carry when I`m out and about. I was wondering what is the best system? The straw filter, the bag filter or those filters that go into the top of a water canteen. At the moment the canteen filter is looking good for me.

If any of you can share your experiences with me of these systems and give me some ideas then I would be very greatful.

Many thanks.

Mark.

The Pagan Bushcrafter

Scipio

May 1, 2011
Reading
Cheers guys. Do you think that water from the Thames would be fine after going through these things? I`m guessing yes but just want to make sure.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've been using a Lifesaver bottle for the last few years and can't fault it. I never carry water on my canoe trips, I just use the Lifesaver bottle during the day and then process a couple of litres in the evening. I also use it on lowland walks where water sources are available, but I carry water when I'm in the hills as I can't be bothered to drop down off the high ground when I'm on the tops.

Cheers, Michael.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Personally I would not drink water from the lower Thames under any circumstances except in an emergency if you are near the Thames you are near a much cleaner source of water anyway even a stream running in etc but tbh you will just as likely find a tap which is great
I like to find a relatively clean source then Millbank bag and boil plus fingers crossed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE