Best place to get a Kelly Kettle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Ok, I've read quite a bit about this item for quite some time now and with birthday money in hand I've decided to go for one!

Now, I've looked at the pictures and reckon the 2.5 pint one is a little on the bulky side for putting in a pack so the 1 pint version looks the ticket. I've found several places that stock them but wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I'm quite excited :red:

Cheers,
Hellz

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I would personly go for this one
It is sized between the 2 kelly ones and comes with the cooking kit aswell . For £35.25 it is cheaper . I have made good use of mine and had no problems .
Pumbaa

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
The handle is very similar to a trangia one , which holds onto the chimney . Not the best design as it gets hot . I have picked up a couple of giant jubilie clips and fashoned a handle (i will get round to fitting it one day !!!).
Pumbaa

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Cheers. I thought it was a bit strange when I saw it ....... I knew something was missing but couldn't figure out what! The triangia type handle does look a bit difficult to use.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
O its not hard to do grad handle then chain pick up at angle. Now did you see my two for one deal i do not use wood yet i use jiffy heat one like a trangia i tried the trangia it not as hi flame as my jiffy i think it needs more air holes in the bottom dish yep they work i been heating water out side with cold water takes about 5 min. to get 145F on 1/12 oz. fuel the 1/12 oz of will burn 7 min. plus if look at my post on kelly kettle the 2 for 1 deal o i got the small one love it :beerchug:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
it might be wise to hold off buying one at the moment.
i'm trying to set up a group buy at the moment (just waiting to hear back from the company)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Graham_S said:
i'm trying to set up a group buy at the moment (just waiting to hear back from the company)

Okay, I'm interested :) I've been eyeing these up since using one of the large sized ones during the summer. It was just *so* good.
Cheers,
Toddy

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Graham_S said:
Hi Graham Iv'e got a 1 pint kettle and its A1
If your doing a group buy I'll take a 2 1/2 pint one please :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE