best multi tool under £60?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 1, 2007
liverpool
hi all, just a quick one. would appriciate any views on the best multitool (gerber, leatherman, SOG etc) for about £60 preferably with decent pliers, wirecutters and knife. extra bells and whistles would be a bonus.

cheers guys and girls

Nov 1, 2007
liverpool
anyone got the juice Xe6 thunder? That looks right up my street, £63 on that heinnie website and its £104 on the latherman site. so tempted to order it right now....anyone have one? recomend or not?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
anyone got the juice Xe6 thunder? That looks right up my street, £63 on that heinnie website and its £104 on the latherman site. so tempted to order it right now....anyone have one? recomend or not?

Yup, that's the one I've got. Like I say - no complaints. Tend to use my SAK Champ more but that has no wire cutters and smaller pliers. (but nearly half the price)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Gerber susension, amazing value for the money 'about £35' cheaper if you shop around. Had one for the last 3 years and it gets used every weekend sea fishing and has never let me down or corroded.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I use a SwissTool from Victorinox. It came second in the Bushcraft and Survival Skills magazine test a while back. I was going to buy a Leatherman Surge in black, but when I started seeing pictures of the black oxide finish it looked very patchy to me. So, I thought as the Leatherman was over a hundred quid and the SwissTool was £56 I'd go for that one.

Nov 1, 2007
liverpool
thanks for all your input guys. ive ordered the leatherman Xe6 thunder as its £40 odd of the RRP, too much of a bargain not to. Im sure il become a multitool addict anyway and end up buying them all......eventually!
imgres

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I also have a Gerber Suspension, had this for years payed £20 for it from B&Q no less was on sale would have bought a couple but they only had one.
Has all the normal bits that much more expensive ones have. Good reliable all rounder.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE