Best matches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Swan vestas for the simple reason they strike on just about any rough surface

_48255749_swans_226.jpg

What Mesquite said although I rarely use matches. The long 'cooks' matches are good too though (ideal for awkward spots with some lanterns). The 'Lifeboat' matches in ration packs work fine though, just keep them in a little ziplock bag to prevent damp getting to them after opening.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Only joking John (you knew that! )
I watched an interesting video on youtube a while back where a guy was making safety matches into strike anywhere by scraping the striking paper into powder then mixing it with a tiny amount of water , making a paste then covering the match heads and leaving it to dry. I tried it but only got two out of ten to work, so really it was a complete waste of time!
He should have bought some swan vestas and got a life!!!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I use what ever matches are around. To be fair matches can hang around literally for years in our house unused apart from during bbq season and for lighting my svea (where a match is a better fit than a lighter). Having just been given a load of army ration pack matches I am currently decanting them into all my little nooks and crannies. I bet they last at least a decade though. By the way now someone has mentioned K&M industries a firm I knew nothing about before reading this thread I have found something else I want to spend my money on!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE