best kuksa knife combo i have seen

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
this is the best knife and kuksa combo i have seen. outstanding.

It is my opinion that it is a disgrace to call the vessel behind the link as a kuksa as true Finnish & Sami one does not rely on leather handles full of ornaments but the shape itself to look beautiful. This is true to all Finnish woodworking objects.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It is my opinion that it is a disgrace to call the vessel behind the link as a kuksa as true Finnish & Sami one does not rely on leather handles full of ornaments but the shape itself to look beautiful. This is true to all Finnish woodworking objects.
i'm not sure how to take this, if i have offended you by calling it a kuksa, them i'm sorry bud.
he has called it a kuksi knife, should i of named it that?
either way, this mans attention to detail, and his craftsmanship, no matter what you want to call it, does not in any way, detract from, the time and effort this man has put into these, two amazing creations, but thats just my opinion, if you can show me a better drinking vessel, then please do.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
He is an amazing craftsman. An amazing one indeed. I'm soooooooooooooooo moved by what I've just seen and I mean by this piece and the other one with spoon, knife and kuksa. I mean, where do you get people like that with so much patience????? :D these days..... wow

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
He is an amazing craftsman. An amazing one indeed. I'm soooooooooooooooo moved by what I've just seen and I mean by this piece and the other one with spoon, knife and kuksa. I mean, where do you get people like that with so much patience????? :D these days..... wow
i'm glad i'm not on my own.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
i'm not sure how to take this, if i have offended you by calling it a kuksa, them i'm sorry bud.
he has called it a kuksi knife, should i of named it that?

It seems that the user on the other site used online translater and simply misspelled kuksa.

either way, this mans attention to detail, and his craftsmanship, no matter what you want to call it, does not in any way, detract from, the time and effort this man has put into these, two amazing creations, but thats just my opinion, if you can show me a better drinking vessel, then please do.

I'm not saying the vessel in the other thread is sloppy and no good but I would rather not name it as kuksa but would use some other name for the reasons I explained. For me this is the same as not all cheeses are feta but only those made in Greece with traditional methods and of sheep or goat milk. One can make own versions of kuksa but if they are not made traditionally, they should not called kuksa or guksi.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It seems that the user on the other site used online translater and simply misspelled kuksa.

I'm not saying the vessel in the other thread is sloppy and no good but I would rather not name it as kuksa but would use some other name for the reasons I explained. For me this is the same as not all cheeses are feta but only those made in Greece with traditional methods and of sheep or goat milk. One can make own versions of kuksa but if they are not made traditionally, they should not called kuksa or guksi.
i'm no expert on kuksa's, but it looks like a kuksa type drinking vessel to me, and he has just incorporated a knife, that doubles as a handle, i think its genius, as for it being not sloppy, i have not seen many vessels in this legue, no mater where they have been made.
i respect your opinion, maybe you should mention this to the man who has put up the post, and see what he has to say on the matter.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Top work. I always love to see good scrimshaw, not sure about the knife making the handle for the drinking cup set up, I definitely prefer the two separate but each to their own, it's an interesting thing to play with and top workmanship.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE