Best EDC Prybar?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
my leatherman already comes with in-built "ruler" and a hexagonal hole is out of my league (with the tools available), but two holes of different diameters and the material in-between cut off (at least that what it looks like to me on the photo?!;) ) could be doable at home, too...
The pic isn’t very clear, I’ve enlarged it a little. There are ridges to grip pipe or nuts. I dare say with hard use they’d soon get worn down, but as they are they help a lot.

IMG_5060.jpeg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
@demographic , Someone with a belt grinder and the right kind of belts can always make that titanium pry bar thinner ;)
Naaah, it'll be fat for a reason.
Its too weak to thin down. Ti is strong for it's weight not so much for its size if you see what I mean.

If I thought it would have been strong enough for my usage when thinned down I would have taken a flap disc to it a couple of years ago.
All the Ti hammers, catspaws and so on have fat claws and to me it doesn't matter on the right angled end even the hammer claws but I like the long end on a catspaw to slip under things a bit better. The steel ones are more of a gentle wedge and far superior to actually use, just a bit heavier on the toolbelt.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
looks like a simple flat piece of steel with a lanyard hole on the back and a notch and end sharpened (somewhat) on the working end -- what are the dimensions of it?! looks like something one could cobble up by themselves even in rural central america with minimal tools available... :)
Yep, pretty simple. They do have a curve at the front which is good.

Reactions: forrestdweller

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Top left.
The short part claw are ok, as is the circular dimpler thing.
The long part claws however are ok for pulling nails but fairly gash for pretty much most other prybar use.
It's nicer to carry than the Estwing steel one I have but far less use.
I wanted to like it, but dont.
I'm a carpenter and use these things quite a lot by the way.

The pic isn’t very clear, I’ve enlarged it a little. There are ridges to grip pipe or nuts. I dare say with hard use they’d soon get worn down, but as they are they help a lot.

View attachment 89041
it would (probably) look more crude, but i could see a homemade version happening at some point in the future (=doing the ridges with a triangular file)...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE