Best Cure for A Broken Heart?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Trying to keep occupied on forums etc. Still got plenty of internet left to read. Failing that there is an infinitesimal amount of cat videos on YouTube. .....

ETC News... those two are very strange... they're like marmite. I lost myself for a couple of hours on that channel once... and it brightened my day to find them. I don't 'follow' anyone, but I do drop in that channel when the mood takes.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
It doesnt surprise me that we both end the relationships, before our partners are ready to. Anyway, thats enough of that. Dont want to hijack TD's thread.

Oooo, this is my 4000th post!

Agreed.

Congrats on being a chatter box :lmao:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It doesnt surprise me that we both end the relationships, before our partners are ready to. Anyway, thats enough of that. Dont want to hijack TD's thread.

Oooo, this is my 4000th post!

Guys - if there EVER was a thread for sharing this sort of thing - its here. Feel free. No objections here.

I've recently came to the conclusion everyone would benefit from Therapy - be that professional and formal on friendly and informal.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Apparently , not so nice , I've waited on purpose to see what peoples responses would be.

Its me who is doing the heart breaking.....

Finding it difficult to deal with with falling out of love with someone. :(

So, does that change how people respond? My heart is still where it is. Maybe too touchy-feely for a family bushcraft forum but everyone seems to have experience of this I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one to fall out of love and have difficulty dealing with it.

Over to you guys , fire away.... ( try and respect the honesty however please )
I broke it off with my previous gf.
She was obviously devistated but i knew that it was the right thing to do for both of us.
Still knocked me sideways for a couple months.
I believe that she is engaged now, just shows that time and luck are the only cures...
As for myself, I shall be alternating between moping, keeping myself busy, and being at work.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
mrmike I've just seen you're in Hexham, I grew up in Prudhoe and went to School in Hexham. I'm coming back for a week and should be going out camping with Mick from this forum the week after next (14th-16th). You should get the days off work and join us mate. Might be good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
should be going out camping with Mick from this forum the week after next (14th-16th)

Wassall this then? Secret camps? I reckon you're just prepping for the Shiny Woods experience... sounds like that is going to be a camp and a half!

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Well he's only over in Sunderland and I was going camping anyway so I said I'd pick him up if he wanted to come. You're only down the road Dewi, if I wasn't spending time with my mother beforehand I'd have offered you a lift up to the north east to join us!

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Cheers for the offer wacker but im a little short on hols, should be at wooplaw at the end of the month though...
Might have moved to darkest otterburn too, need to change that!
(Sorry for thread deviation )

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Guys - if there EVER was a thread for sharing this sort of thing - its here. Feel free. No objections here.

I've recently came to the conclusion everyone would benefit from Therapy - be that professional and formal on friendly and informal.
Kinda turns us into americans but without the right to bear arms though? :p

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Kinda turns us into americans but without the right to bear arms though? :p

Hmmm , Honestly I USED to think like that , Stiff lipped British reserve and of that but I've changed my view. Yours may never or it may next week - just never know. So never say never.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I've referred myself to counselling services on two occasions in my life and must say it's not what you think, not even close.

I've found it immensely helpful and was very surprised the first time I went. They just help you vent and organise your thoughts, it's not like you see in the films with the leather couch and that haha

I will always recommend it if you ever feel really stuck or self destructive but it's not for everyone. You don't know until you've tried though so I wouldn't dismiss it as American nonsense.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I refer to the great Crocodile Dundee... talk to your mates!

If you haven't got mates, make some. There are more than 7 billion people on this planet... odds on bet there is at least one or two who won't think you're an insufferable bore or an idiot... least thats my philosophy.

I did have a therapist after a nasty episode with a brain tumour and memory loss... she was a nice enough woman, but she didn't really have a clue what she was on about. My best therapy was a brew with a mate of mine who had suffered a major head trauma... he knew first hand what I was going through and rather than offer sympathy or advice, he shared a brew with me every morning at 6am for months. His company was enough to set me on the right path.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Hmmm , Honestly I USED to think like that , Stiff lipped British reserve and of that but I've changed my view. Yours may never or it may next week - just never know. So never say never.
Would never say never, I did a level 1 counselling course when I was at uni, it does come in handy sometimes.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
he knew first hand what I was going through and rather than offer sympathy or advice, he shared a brew with me every morning at 6am for months. His company was enough to set me on the right path.

Therapy can take many forms.
Even sharing on an Internet forum.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I refer to the great Crocodile Dundee... talk to your mates!

If you haven't got mates, make some. There are more than 7 billion people on this planet... odds on bet there is at least one or two who won't think you're an insufferable bore or an idiot... least thats my philosophy.

I did have a therapist after a nasty episode with a brain tumour and memory loss... she was a nice enough woman, but she didn't really have a clue what she was on about. My best therapy was a brew with a mate of mine who had suffered a major head trauma... he knew first hand what I was going through and rather than offer sympathy or advice, he shared a brew with me every morning at 6am for months. His company was enough to set me on the right path.

Brilliant. I'm glad you found that support when you needed it Dewi. And you're right even the most intolerable people I know still have friends!

Just on a side note if you go to therapy and they offer you sympathy or advice, you're in the wrong place. Sounds like you had a terrible therapist mate.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Are you feeling any different since you started this thread TD?

Hmmm, not sure if I'm honest ( someone tell me to shut up when i'm being too open ! ) , I've got too much empathy . Hence the conflict.

That makes sense to me but I'm not sure if anyone will 'get' it. Not that I claim a monopoly.

Its just a super suck situation. I hate every moment of it.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh she didn't offer sympathy or advice... she offered me a listening ear which led to a direction of conversation which was entirely irrelevant. I had emotional amnesia... I wasn't broken, I just didn't understand emotion. Had she explained to me the basic of each emotion, that would have been more helpful than a delve into where I'd come from and where I was going.

I'll be fair to the therapists and the counselors, they have their place and I'm sure they're a help to some, but not everything is based on where you've come from and not everything needs exploring.

I will add something I've been keeping schtum about... I always thought I was destined to be alone. I convinced myself I'd never see 40. I never felt comfortable in a relationship and I never felt like a real father to my first son. Turns out I'm 40 now... I hadn't met the right person back then, and I now feel like a decent bloke with great kids and given the chance, our family would exist quite merrily just living each day as it comes and enjoying what life has to offer.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Hmmm, not sure if I'm honest ( someone tell me to shut up when i'm being too open ! ) , I've got too much empathy . Hence the conflict.

That makes sense to me but I'm not sure if anyone will 'get' it. Not that I claim a monopoly.

Its just a super suck situation. I hate every moment of it.

Sorry to act like a stuck record but... don't be hard on yourself, you have your reasons.

And your empathy, your caring... does it change the outcome of your decision?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
And your empathy, your caring... does it change the outcome of your decision?

Good question. I don't think it will change it ( although it did for a bit which I now see was wrong ) , just makes it painful.

Funnily enough , after all the dust has settled , I'd like to remain friends with enough time. But not sure if thats possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE